Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nadozza

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2021
Safari they pushed for big sur isn’t beta and that’s plagued with bugs and iOS 15 final has loads to, 3 months of beta testing for what?
I mean sure, Safari 15 is sub-optimal, and I've had a couple of weird quirks on iOS 15.
But it's incredibly foolish to think that nothing was done in those periods of testing.
It's interesting that outside of the MacRumours echo-chamber there tend to be far fewer people with major gripes regarding Apple software.

But really, this thread isn't even about those, it's about macOS Monterey which is still an in-dev piece of software.
It will ship with bugs but everything in software and hardware design and building is a compromise. It will never be perfect. Perhaps they need to re-evaluate their release schedule or prioritize different components, but to say they aren't a "real team" is very silly.

Ultimately decisions for this kind of product is made months if not years in advance. It's too bad that it doesn't always please everyone, and hopefully they can learn from feedback but it is what it is.

elptdbi3lYI

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2021
This is literally a developer preview for testing of non-final software on test devices.

What in the world are people expecting? Am I missing something?
qz3NuYk.jpeg

We're in perpetual beta, nothing gets finished, barely anything gets fixed, many new issues tacked on

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
For some reason my trashcan Mac Pro won’t let me install dev 7 or 8. When I do software update it goes through the process but the current version always is avail to download and install again. ???

msm888

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2020
I mean sure, Safari 15 is sub-optimal, and I've had a couple of weird quirks on iOS 15.
But it's incredibly foolish to think that nothing was done in those periods of testing.
It's interesting that outside of the MacRumours echo-chamber there tend to be far fewer people with major gripes regarding Apple software.

But really, this thread isn't even about those, it's about macOS Monterey which is still an in-dev piece of software.
It will ship with bugs but everything in software and hardware design and building is a compromise. It will never be perfect. Perhaps they need to re-evaluate their release schedule or prioritize different components, but to say they aren't a "real team" is very silly.

Ultimately decisions for this kind of product is made months if not years in advance. It's too bad that it doesn't always please everyone, and hopefully they can learn from feedback but it is what it is.
I know this forum isn't about Safari but it is no longer a great browser. Brave offers better options, security and page rendering across platforms.

Reactions: sydneysider88

kaioshade

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
Sounds like your trackpad is broken. Always 2-finger scrolls for me.
It was not just them. It was a known issue with Beta 7. Obviously did not affect everyone, but I have the same issue too. Looking forward to the public release.

nekton1

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2010
Asia

LG UltraFine 4K Display not working with this beta... ugh!!​

is there a fix anyone knows of or a work around
Beta 8 has SERIOUS ISSUES with Thunderbolt screens which remain dark on Intel Macs--M1 Macs may be OK. If you use TB (and maybe DP too) for external displays DO NOT update to beta 8 or you'll be rolling back to beta 7.

Reactions: bytez01
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.