Apple Seeds Fifth Beta of iOS 11.2.5 to Developers and Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 11, 2018.

1. B's iPhone macrumors regular

B's iPhone

I agree minus the battery life.
    It might be all in my head but battery life seems a little worse. Nothing crazy and it has seemed really smooth so far though.
    I’m liking it.

2. wilm23509 macrumors newbie

wilm23509

Everyone is complaining about battery life. I have an iPhone 6 plus and I am a true beta tester since ios 9. You need to check your apps using up your battery and location services. This version is nearly ready for prime time. People who use their phone for Facebook and etc, battery will die fast. Stop using your phone all day long. For everyone who bought the iPhone X, you chose to buy the phone and now want to complain. Turn your screen settings down or stop picking up the phone every five mins.

3. Baymowe335 macrumors 68000

People here think every iPhone 6, 6s, 7 and 8 are defective because of power management and the isolated battery issues.

4. wilm23509 macrumors newbie

wilm23509

--- Post Merged, Jan 13, 2018 ---
    Power management only effect older batteries. A simple restore will help alleviate problems. That’s why backups are important. People need to stop trying to use their phone all day long.

5. B's iPhone macrumors regular

B's iPhone

A restore does normally help and you’re correct, older batteries are more often going to show the power management issues.
    I don’t agree with people shouldn’t be trying to use their phones all day though.
    I’ve had iPhones since the very first iPhone and was a true beta tester for awhile, public beta tester now. I’m all about people pushing their phones to the limit. I want Apple to want to give their customers the best battery life out there. It’s improved a lot over the years and it will get better in time still.

6. wilm23509 macrumors newbie

wilm23509

No company have a battery solution to save power unless you willing to sacrifice your screen. Most successful phones screens are dim, therefore allowing more time to use battery saving features. I have been with android and iPhone. Although, iPhone is superior in every way. My best solution is for everyone to select a screen brightness that’s comfortable to save power and use their phone.

7. rovolo macrumors member

No, it‘s not only his X. It‘s my X too. I hate how it drops frames as if it‘s a console game from the nineties.

8. B's iPhone macrumors regular

B's iPhone

I agree. The battery tech isn’t quite there yet. My view is we need to push Apple so they keep pushing and improving though.
    I do get what you’re saying though and you’re right. As much as I’d like to run my screen brightness level a lot higher than I normally do, I can’t or my battery would be dead halfway through the day. I’m all about people pushing the furthest they can though because I want Apple to strive for better in the future. It will happen in time, I’ve seen huge improvements over the years in battery tech and in basically everything else.

9. skinniezinho macrumors 65816

10.2.1 had awesome battery.
    10.2.5 is much faster but less battery, at least this is my experience in a 16 iPhone SE.
    Apps are the same and configured the same way.
    But for example for me 10.2.1 had battery and performance than 10.3.3. 10.3.2 was the best allrounder for me.