Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fifth beta of an upcoming tvOS 14.7 update to developers for testing purposes, with the new beta coming two weeks after Apple seeded the fourth tvOS 14.7 beta.

apple-tv-4k-design-clue.jpg

Designed for the latest Apple TV models, the tvOS 14.7 developer beta can be downloaded onto the ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌Apple TV‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌ via a profile that's installed using Xcode.

Other than new releases, tvOS updates are often minor in scale, focusing on under-the-hood bug fixes and improvements rather than major outward-facing changes. There's no word yet on what's included in tvOS 14.7 update, but we'll update this article should anything new be found.

Though we don't often know what's new in tvOS during the beta testing process, we let MacRumors readers know when new updates are available so those who are developers can download it upon release.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fifth Beta of tvOS 14.7 to Developers

SanJoseEd

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2017
This is good . . . but when I attempt to update a 2021 ATV4K running 14.6, the only beta that shows up when Beta is turned on in settings is beta 15.

Anyone know how to get the just-released 14.7 to show up and avoid the beta 15 offer?

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Any word if library tab work on Apple’s own hardware, or are top customers or supporting their own hardare still not a priority for Apple?

• Disagree
Reactions: lkrupp

McKodiak

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2014
Hope this fixes the bug that turns my tv back on after I put the Apple TV to sleep.

Powerbooky

macrumors demi-god
Mar 15, 2008
Europe
Hope this release fixes some memory bugs. My ATV4k needs a restart after 1-2 weeks to stop a spinning wheel in the Music app. It won't load playlists properly when switching accounts after a few weeks.
On iOS 14.6 same... my phone needs a restart once a week otherwise most apps become slow or even unresponsive.

Hope this fixes the bug that turns my tv back on after I put the Apple TV to sleep.
Probably doesn't, I've seen multple TV's not responding properly to HDMI-CEC commands from ATV4k's and various other devices . Indeed not turning off (or on) the TV. Especially Samsung TV's (new and old).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.