Apple Seeds Fifth Beta of Upcoming tvOS 12.2 Update to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 11, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the fifth beta of an upcoming tvOS 12.2 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after seeding the fourth beta and more than a month after releasing the tvOS 12.1.2 update.

Designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models, the new tvOS 12.2 developer beta can be downloaded onto the Apple TV via a profile that's installed using Xcode. Once the initial beta has been downloaded, subsequent betas can be installed over the air.

[​IMG]

tvOS 12.2, paired with iOS 12.2, lets users ask Siri to play specific media on an Apple TV from an iOS device. You can, for example, ask Siri to play Modern Family on the TV in the living room, or Pitch Perfect on the TV in the bedroom. This works for music and TV shows, and movies.

No other new features were discovered in the tvOS 12.2 beta as of yet, and it can be difficult to determine what's new because Apple does not provide release notes for tvOS betas or releases. If additional features are discovered in tvOS 12.2, we'll update this post.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fifth Beta of Upcoming tvOS 12.2 Update to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

2. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Hey Apple..... when are we getting multiple users on tvOS?

3. nwcs macrumors 68000

nwcs

After they allow it on iPhone/iPad. In other words, probably won’t happen.

4. uneeko1ne macrumors member

uneeko1ne

i actally looked getting muti users on my new Ipad for my kids to use, kind of silly that they wont allow it, im not trying to spend money on another Ipad so my kids can play games on it before bed

5. cknibbs macrumors regular

This. If Apple is marketing this as a computer replacement it needs to support multiple users.