Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fifth betas of new iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates to developers and public beta testers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeding the fourth iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates.

14.7-on-iPhone-12-feature.jpg

iOS and iPadOS 14.7 can be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center or over the air after the proper profile has been installed on an iPhone or iPad. Public beta testers can download it after installing the profile from Apple's beta website.

The new iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates may be focused on under-the-hood bug performance improvements and bug fixes for issues that weren't able to be addressed in iOS 14.6, but a few minor features have been found.

Apple in iOS 14.7 will expand the Air Quality Index feature to additional countries that include the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, and Canada.

When paired with the accompanying HomePod 14.7 software, iOS 14.7 will allow the Home app to set multiple timers on a HomePod or a HomePod mini.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fifth Betas of iOS and iPadOS 14.7 to Developers and Public Beta Testers

Reactions: gatorvet96

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
Does the battery last longer?? After ios 14.6 the battery on iPhone 12 is abismal!

Battery life is usually the last thing they address in iOS and iPadOS betas. It’s like that almost every year. I can’t speak to iOS 14 because the battery life was so bad in the iOS 13 beta that I rolled it back iOS 12 and skipped beta testing the next year around. That’s the first time since they started releasing public betas I’ve had a situation like that but battery life issues during the beta process are nothing new and usually nothing to worry about when they finally release the gold master (what will be the publicly released non-beta version).

hoodafoo

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2020
Lso Angeles
Does anyone find it weird to have two concurrent betas? If I was a developer working on 14.7, I would have zero motivation knowing that 15 will come out a short time later and just clobber everything I'm working on

Paddle1

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2013
Does anyone find it weird to have two concurrent betas? If I was a developer working on 14.7, I would have zero motivation knowing that 15 will come out a short time later and just clobber everything I'm working on
iOS 15 is still months away, and Apple did announce continued updates to iOS 14 even after the release of 15.

flashpirate

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
My Home app has been unable to communicate with August locks since this beta started. I keep reporting it, it keeps not getting fixed. Wits end. I feel like it's gonna get released with this regression.

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

sbailey4

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2011
USA
My Home app has been unable to communicate with August locks since this beta started. I keep reporting it, it keeps not getting fixed. Wits end. I feel like it's gonna get released with this regression.
Have you tried restoring back to 14.6 to verify it still works with that? Also perhaps August does not support unreleased firmware (like a lot of banking apps) for security and it will start working once 14.7 is actually a released version.

• Angry
Reactions: Babygotfont
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.