Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffmlovell

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2015
Can someone check if the buffering shadow is back in the video progress bar for videos played in Safari? This hasn't worked since iOS 8 and is sorely missed for those of us on not ideal wifi speeds in the office ;-)

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
Watch settings per 9to5Mac.

B8290udCQAEkjaz.png

Per this tweet actually: https://twitter.com/v1597psh/status/562313315670831105

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Can anyone confirm if this fixes the weird Safari bug where it loads a tab from another Apple device that you have (e.g. if you're viewing Safari on your iPhone, it shows Safari tabs on your Mac), but when you swipe the tab and press delete, it doesn't go away?

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Unable to DL right now.. so can someone who has tested it .. plz confirm if this fixes FB :(

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2011
Shouldn't they be fixing Copy-Paste in Safari first? It has been broken since iOS 8 came out....7 months ago.

sovereign

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2009
Good point. Another major issue invovling Safari is inactive areas of some pages in landscape mode. It's very irksome

I have reset network settings multiple times, erased all history and settings from Safari multiple times, and finally did a full restore of 8.1.3 and NOTHING will resolve this issue. Lag when scrolling and slow to render pages with either a black or white blank section of page when scrolling up or down. Amazing that Apple has not fixed this yet. Complete crap.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
The last update made my iPad turn itself off if <2%, and on if >1%, so it's in an endless cycle of charging up just enough to turn off, and has been for weeks. It bricked the ****ing ipad. I just haven't driven it to an Apple store yet.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
This is still a beta correct?? I am confused on why so many people are using this as a daily driver and a quarter of the posts in here complaing about the 'Facebook bug'. Beta's are designed to tests Apple's software and issues not third party apps like FB. Those will get fixed when it's released to developers to submit apps for iOS 8.2. If it is fixed now don't be surprised if it doesnt work in a beta 6 if there is one.

sualpine

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2013
The last update made my iPad turn itself off if <2%, and on if >1%, so it's in an endless cycle of charging up just enough to turn off, and has been for weeks. It bricked the ****ing ipad. I just haven't driven it to an Apple store yet.

Charge from DFU mode.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA

Make sure you're using an actual iPad power brick (2.1A) and genuine Apple cable to charge it.

If they are official, you might want to try a different brick+cable to make sure yours aren't the problem.

sw6lee

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2013
Very happy with this latest version on my iPad. :) iOS 6 level performance.

please let us know if you are serious or not. I really wish my iPad mini 2 would become as smooth as iOS 7.1.2, even better if as smooth as iOS 6 of course.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
I wonder if Apple will release iOS 8.2 before the :apple:Watch.

I'm surprised that, with :apple:Watchs being out and about already, nobody has had one stolen one or tried selling one yet.

I suppose that some people like their jobs/lives enough to adhere to their contracts...

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Watch settings per 9to5Mac.

B8290udCQAEkjaz.png

You can see this image and more in the Human Interface Guidelines for the Apple Watch.

https://developer.apple.com/library...ence/Conceptual/WatchHumanInterfaceGuidelines

Source? Link?

Is it safe to say we've covered the origin of this image now?

BabyGotMac

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2007
Am I alone in that Sharing extensions won't keep their order - and they never have? Every beta I hope it is fixed - but now I'm thinking maybe it's just me.

I can make the changes in Safari, refresh the page, tap 'share' again and boom - back to default.

sir1963nz

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2012
Well I hope it fixes the total failure of IOS to remember/use the stored credentials for authenticated http proxies.

This was broken when IOS7 came out and has remained broken since. We have had it acknowledged by Apple this is a bug and that it will be "fixed in the next release of IOS". Well a lot of releases have come and gone including a Major release (IOS8) and it is STILL broken.

Where I work (a University) we are now buying Android tablets because they actually work on the network, and you now have to justify any IOS device, the view is, if it does not work on our network it is just a status symbol and a toy.

And currently, I agree.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.