Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Seeds First Beta of macOS Big Sur 11.2 to Public Beta Testers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming macOS Big Sur 11.2 update to public beta testers, with the public beta coming one day after the software was provided to developers.

Public beta testers can download macOS Big Sur 11.2 from the Software Update section of the System Preferences app after installing the proper profile from Apple's beta software website.

There's no word just yet on what's included in ‌macOS Big Sur‌ 11.2, but it likely includes performance improvements, security updates, and fixes for bugs that weren't able to be addressed in the release version of ‌‌macOS Big Sur. No new features or changes were found in the developer version.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of macOS Big Sur 11.2 to Public Beta Testers

jgrove

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2006
Has anyone installed this? Whats your impression?
K.

I am using a MBP M1 and the booting is now quicker, the localisation bug at logon still exists. Bluetooth seems more stable but maybe driver issues with Wacom. It took around 20 mins to install for me. Will be doing some photo editing tomorrow so will have a better idea

Comment

RumorConsumer

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2016
I wonder if I’ll be able to move the FaceTime audio window out of the upper right corner now. Seems like a worthy desire.

• Wow
Reactions: Babygotfont
Comment

santa

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2003
One of the things that has caused me to hold off is the large number of issues people are having with displays. I won't get a laptop till an Air or Pro can deal with two 27" 4k (or even 2K) monitors are trouble free. I'm hoping that will be 2021 and by that time Big Sur will be more stable with monitors. Seems to me the M1's and Big Sur are virtually beta hardware and software with all the issues people are reporting in large numbers.

Comment

MauiPa

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2018
One of the things that has caused me to hold off is the large number of issues people are having with displays. I won't get a laptop till an Air or Pro can deal with two 27" 4k (or even 2K) monitors are trouble free. I'm hoping that will be 2021 and by that time Big Sur will be more stable with monitors. Seems to me the M1's and Big Sur are virtually beta hardware and software with all the issues people are reporting in large numbers.
I don’t know if those problems are legit or not. I have a 2014 MBP15. External monitors work great

• Sad
Reactions: Babygotfont
Comment

cjboffoli97

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2005
Seattle, WA
I've had great luck with Big Sur betas all the way through. But after installing this yesterday it's not working well for me. I'm suddenly experiencing weird lags and stutters (on a 15" MBP 2019). Fans came on full blast this morning and I looked at Activity Monitor to see that Mail (which was pretty much in an idle state) was using 101% of CPU. Safari Technology Preview has been crashing constantly. There still seem to be Bluetooth issues, including with my new AirPods Max deciding when and if they want to be connected. Just blergh.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.