Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Let's hark back to the golden days of Snow Leopard, when they had to pull TWO public releases (10.6.3 and 10.6.8), and also issue supplementary updates to fix things that other updates broke.

Apple just isn't the same as it was.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
https://developer.apple.com/documen...notes/macos_mojave_10_14_2_beta_release_notes

Update: Release notes pulled.

"New Features
  • macOS 10.14.2 requires that publicly-trusted Transport Layer Security (TLS) server authentication certificates issued after October 15, 2018 meet the Certificate Transparency policy to be evaluated as trusted on Apple platforms. (41175212)"
[doublepost=1541011618][/doublepost]Build number was 18C31g.

New one has same build number, 18C31g.

lec0rsaire

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2017
I don't think anyone really has any insight into it since it was pulled. You can usually have pretty good luck getting in touch with Apple Engineering if you file a bug report online: https://bugreport.apple.com/

"Bug Reporting
For issues not mentioned in release notes, file bugs through Apple Bug Reporter.

When filing a bug, please include the full version number in the bug title and in the description. This looks like “10.14 (18Axxxx).” You can find the full version number by choosing About This Mac from the Apple Menu. In the window that appears, click on “Version 10.14” displayed beneath “macOS” to show the full version including the part that is in parentheses."

I have already contacted Apple about this. Since it's not exactly a major issue I'm not expecting them to fix it right away. I'm guessing that Safari 12 broke the way it fetches the SVGs. Maybe it's something that individual websites have to change.

At first I thought I corrupted something since I had been digging through my system deleted a lot of excess files but I quickly realized many others were seeing the same thing. I'm glad I decided not to waste time doing a clean install of Mojave for nothing when everything else is working perfectly for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.