Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike_Trivisonno

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
They ruined the Preferences, Stickies still do not stick after 10 years, still no master slider for Display Brightness, and Wallpaper has been ruined or something. And what is Stage Manager supposed to do?

I think I liked it better when Apple tested their OS releases. I used to get excited about a new OS. Now I just wonder what Apple has "improved" into useless ruination.

Reactions: Morod

squampy

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2023
Have to admit I haven't been consistent with submitting feedback. I'll try to step up my efforts in hopes that some of these bugs get more attention. :(

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
I think I liked it better when Apple tested their OS releases. I used to get excited about a new OS. Now I just wonder what Apple has "improved" into useless ruination.
Thats exactly what macOS 14.3 beta is, just a bug fix cycle mostly, then it's out maybe Jan 22nd 2024. BTW use search or the view menu when within system settings, much faster to get to what you want in Somoma. ;)

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Beta and Release Candidates are two separate things.
A RC/RC2 is just the final seeds of a beta seeding cycle. Usually the final build of whatever RC is last is used as the public release build. While we are at it, all betas and RC are defined as unstable as they could possibly change. Only public releases are stable meaning they won't be further modified.

kbajura

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2017
Cary, NC
Is anyone having issues with Touch ID on a Magic Keyboard in 14.3? It looks like I totally lost Touch ID after the 14.3 beta for the Magic Keyboard, but it works fine with the built-in fingerprint reader.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
In Mail, "Open Link Behind Mail" opens the Safari page in front, while making my Mac believe it's still "in" Mail. I get a front-most Safari window (which wasn't the point of "Open Link Behind Mail"), but the menu bar still says "Mail" in the upper left corner. Been this way through several 14.x versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.