Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 11.1 to Public Beta Testers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming tvOS 11.1 update to its public beta testing group, one day after seeding the tvOS 11.1 update to developers and a little over a week after releasing tvOS 11 to the public.

The tvOS 11.1 public beta can be obtained by going to the Settings app on the Apple TV and navigating to the Software Updates section under "System." "Get Public Beta Updates" will need to be toggled on, and once it is, the Apple TV will download the beta software.

No new features were discovered in the first developer beta of tvOS 11.1, so the update seems to focus primarily on bug fixes, performance improvements, and security fixes.

The latest version of the tvOS operating system, tvOS 11 brings features like automatic switching between light and dark mode based on local time, Home screen syncing options designed to keep multiple Apple TVs in a single household in sync, and new background modes and notification support.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 11.1 to Public Beta Testers

Jeaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
Hopefully this will solve the issues I'm having with the Apple TV 4K. Forced to reboot daily has it drops internet connection. It doesn't say it does, says WiFi signal is fine, but everything that requires internet download never starts, just spinning wheel.

Comment

Remy149

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2016
Hopefully this will solve the issues I'm having with the Apple TV 4K. Forced to reboot daily has it drops internet connection. It doesn't say it does, says WiFi signal is fine, but everything that requires internet download never starts, just spinning wheel.
I’ve had the Appletv 4K since Saturday haven’t seen a single one of those issues you sure you don’t have a faulty device

Comment

Oakmhcky21

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
I’ve had the Appletv 4K since Saturday haven’t seen a single one of those issues you sure you don’t have a faulty device

I have the issues as well, but unlike the other person it seems to occur only when Ethernet is plugged in. Works for a few minutes then stops completely.

Comment

cantyjeffrey

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
Not sure if this is new, but on the Apple TV 4K, I see the option for AirPlay 2 under the Developer settings. Screenshots below:

Reactions: benji888
Comment

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
I have the issues as well, but unlike the other person it seems to occur only when Ethernet is plugged in. Works for a few minutes then stops completely.
Maybe already tried this, but, have you tried restarting your router?

Reactions: BlueGummiBear
Comment

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
Amazing these minor version bumps offer almost no new features which is typical for minor increments. These updates are more patch updates.

Comment

Braderunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
Welcome to Apple TV.
TV sucks better now...because it sucks more...and more is better...

Comment

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
I just wish they'd revert the GUI for the Computers app. Browser my iTunes library is HORRIBLE in iOS 11.

Comment

Applebot1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
UK
I could do with another ATV but that price is redicalous just to show iTunes content.

Still say Apple should lower the price and the uptake would be much more.

However when push comes to shove will buy one. My media is over a nas,iTunes and Amazon. Only wish I could access all three sources from one device.

Comment

DempaX

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Sweden
Should Airplay 2 and BT 5 now allow for two BT headphones connected to the TV4K at the same time?

Comment

nrose101

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2011
Delray Beach, FL
Is anyone having issues installing the update on an AppleTV 4k 32 gig? I have tried numerous times and it hangs on the install setup citing an "issue" and to restart the system. No matter what I do it can't get past this step.

Comment

Oakmhcky21

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011

Just an update, another day later and the 11.1 beta seems to have solved my issues. My issues were specific to ethernet, but good luck.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.