Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 12.1 to Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 20, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming tvOS 12.1 update to its public beta testing group, two days after providing the beta to developers and three days after releasing the tvOS 12 update.

The tvOS 12.1 public beta can be obtained by going to the Settings app on the Apple TV and navigating to the Software Updates section under "System." "Get Public Beta Updates" will need to be toggled on, and once it is, the Apple TV will download the beta software.

[​IMG]

We don't yet know what fixes and changes the tvOS 12.1 update might bring, but it likely focuses on bug fixes for issues that have been discovered since the release of tvOS 12.

Apple's tvOS updates have historically been minor in scale and Apple does not often provide us with detailed notes outlining what's new. No obvious outward-facing changes were found in the first developer beta.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 12.1 to Public Beta Testers

2. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I want to see the video fresh hell of 32 MacRumors forum users discussing the iPhone XS on Group FaceTime.

3. lederermc macrumors 6502

lederermc

In Hulu: I’m having an issue when switching from one stream to another and the 1st streams audio plays over the 2nd stream.

4. tjhilder macrumors regular

tjhilder

5. newyorksole macrumors 68040

Verizon FiOS needs to get it together and implement Single Sign-On. It really should be a no brainer.

Let me log into the Apple TV with my credentials and each app recognizes my info and gives me access to their content. Simple.

6. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

but wouldn't that mean you might just use AppleTVs instead of their boxes throughout?
    they can't make it too easy to enjoy a system other than their own.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2018 ---
    but wouldn't that mean you might just use AppleTVs instead of their boxes throughout?
    they can't make it too easy to enjoy a system other than their own.

7. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Still can't activate certain channels such as Food Network, HGTV with Xfinity. Sigh. What the hell is going on? Can anyone get these channels activated with Xfinity?

8. newyorksole macrumors 68040

Yeahhhh true.

9. liberte1776 macrumors regular

When is Comcast Xfinity app coming to ATV? It's been on iOS for years... Not to mention SSO...

STILL waiting for Apple to integrate Hue for controlling the LEDs with video content color for bias lighting, or at least add an API for Philips to implement it!

10. Konigi macrumors member

Konigi

Can't wait for the first minor upgrade, probably the greatest of the minors :D

11. macpeach55 macrumors 6502

macpeach55

So that would make it a Major Minor?
    Lovely Musical feel to that! :D

12. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I really WISH there was a different sorting order for Movies.

I have a TON of movies. I wish there was a release date ordering. or even something larger than just the last FEW. but perhaps ordering of movies based on when purchased or redeemed.