Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming tvOS 15.5 update to developers for testing purposes, with the software coming three weeks after the release of tvOS 15.4.

Apple-TV-tvOS-15-Feature.jpg

Developers can download the new tvOS 15.5 beta by downloading a profile onto the ‌Apple TV‌ using Xcode.

tvOS updates are typically minor in scale, focusing primarily on under-the-hood bug fixes and improvements rather than major outward-facing changes.

Though we don't often know what's new in tvOS during the beta testing process, we let MacRumors readers know when new updates are available so those who are developers can download it upon release.

tvOS 15.4, the current release version of tvOS, added support for captive WiFi networks, allowing an iPhone or iPad to be used to connect an Apple TV to networks that require additional sign-in steps, such as hotel rooms and college campuses.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 15.5 to Developers

mjs916

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento, CA
I always update but can tell what they’ve fixed or changed. I just want My Apple TV to support my Ring doorbell cam. I’m sure that’s up to Amazon though.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
I just wish Apple TV would stop choosing the streamer that will open when I choose an Up Nect episode. I want Hulu, it picks damn Peacock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.