Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming tvOS 16.3 update to developers for testing purposes, with the beta coming one day after the launch of tvOS 16.2.

apple-tv-4k-design-blue.jpg

Developers can download the tvOS 16.3 beta by downloading a profile onto the Apple TV using Xcode.

tvOS updates usually minor in scale, focusing on internal bug fixes and improvements rather than notable outward-facing changes. There is no word as of yet what's included in the tvOS 16.3 update, but we'll update this article if we find anything new.

Apple shares some information on tvOS releases in its tvOS support document, which is updated after each tvOS launch, but it does not provide details on betas.

Though we don't often know what's new in tvOS during the beta testing process, we let MacRumors readers know when new updates are available so those who are developers can download it upon release.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 16.3 to Developers

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sorgo †

McWetty

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
In the future, can we please get only one post listing ALL the new betas released? Seems like a more efficient use of time and doesn’t assault my RSS feed with 7 superfluous entries.

skiguy45

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2021
I have been dealing with this since the moment I upgraded to tvOS 14. No update has resolved the issue. I was hoping the new Home architecture would help, but it didn't. It's maddening.

Attachments

• IMG_6941.png
    IMG_6941.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,091
Reactions: Dionte

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I have been dealing with this since the moment I upgraded to tvOS 14. No update has resolved the issue. I was hoping the new Home architecture would help, but it didn't. It's maddening.

Do you have more than one ATV? Could be a placement issue, but it should be pretty hard to put it somewhere that it would disconnect that often.

HomeKit is currently broken in some critical ways. Many of my automations stopped working or started behaving strangely with the 16.0 update. After upgrading to the new architecture and re-creating the problematic automations… they still don’t work right.

skiguy45

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2021
Do you have more than one ATV? Could be a placement issue, but it should be pretty hard to put it somewhere that it would disconnect that often.

HomeKit is currently broken in some critical ways. Many of my automations stopped working or started behaving strangely with the 16.0 update. After upgrading to the new architecture and re-creating the problematic automations… they still don’t work right.

I have a second, very old (pre app store), ATV right on the other side of the wall from the one giving me trouble. Maybe I'll try unplugging it.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

Dionte

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
Detroit
Same here, tried to upgrade the architecture and not a single one has come out the configuring stage. They keep asking for the password. 😔

Reactions: Surf Monkey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.