Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming tvOS 17.3 to developers for testing purposes, with the beta coming a day after the release of tvOS 17.2.

Apple-TV-2022-Feature-Blue.jpg

Registered developers are able to download the tvOS 17.3 update by opting in to the beta through the Settings app on the Apple TV. A registered developer account is required.

tvOS updates are often minor in scale compared to other operating system updates, focusing primarily on bug fixes and smaller improvements rather than notable outward-facing changes. We don't yet know what's included in tvOS 17.3.

Apple shares some information on tvOS releases in its tvOS support document, which is updated after each tvOS launch, but Apple does not provide notes during beta testing.

Though we don't always know what's new in tvOS betas, we let MacRumors readers know when new updates are available so those who are developers can download new software upon release.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 17.3 to Developers

Mike Wolf

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
I am wondering when apple tv supports ms teams
Probably going to be up to Microsoft on when or if they decide to use that platform. Same question could be asked about Skype and Zoom and BlueJeans and Cisco TelePresence.

Yenzi999

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2023
Probably going to be up to Microsoft on when or if they decide to use that platform. Same question could be asked about Skype and Zoom and BlueJeans and Cisco TelePresence.
Zoom app for Apple TV 4K is already available for a couple of days

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Wolf

mkerman

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2023
Greetings, I installed 17.3 Beta and the volume + volume - and volume mute buttons on the remote control do not work. The light on the box reacts when the button is pressed. I tried pressing the buttons mentioned on the Apple support page and it doesn't work. It does not revert to the old version without beta. I hope they fix it. Unfortunately, there are no audio-related function keys on the remote control on the mobile phone. :((Apple TV 4K
with Wi-Fi and Ethernet)

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Greetings, I installed 17.3 Beta and the volume + volume - and volume mute buttons on the remote control do not work. The light on the box reacts when the button is pressed. I tried pressing the buttons mentioned on the Apple support page and it doesn't work. It does not revert to the old version without beta. I hope they fix it. Unfortunately, there are no audio-related function keys on the remote control on the mobile phone. :((Apple TV 4K
with Wi-Fi and Ethernet)
Is Video and Audio -> Audio Output set to TV speakers? Under Remotes and Devices -> Volume control set to Auto. Normally that uses IR to TV.

Reactions: mkerman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.