Apple Seeds First Beta of Upcoming macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Update to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming 10.15.4 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after releasing the macOS Catalina 10.15.3 update.

The new ??macOS Catalina?? beta can be downloaded using the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after installing the proper software from the Developer Center.

We don't know what improvements the fourth update to ?macOS Catalina? will bring, but it likely includes performance improvements, security updates, and fixes for bugs that weren't able to be fixed in the ?macOS Catalina? 10.15.3 update.

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 includes Screen Time Communication Limits, a feature first brought to the iPhone in the iOS 13.3 update, and it features a new Head Pointer Accessibility option that allows the cursor to be controlled with head movements using the Mac's camera.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of Upcoming macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Update to Developers

Last edited:

Steve01234

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
10.15.3 public OS installer wont load graphics drivers for 5700 XT on a 5.1 mac pro. seems like apple did some machine specific disable to prevent the update. poor move. machine is booting. sad when running a hackintoish is easier than an real machine. no idea if 10.15.4 will be any better.

cmaier

macrumors G5
Jul 25, 2007
California
Would also be nice if it fixed the issue where network shares can't be connected to in finder after you disconnect them unless you reconnect by IP address or restart finder.

Reactions: bernuli

xnsys

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2018
you can also run "sudo killall sharingd" to fix the network shares reconnecting issue.

xnsys

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2018
It can be, create a shell script that you double click on - then just type your password and it will resolve.

I tend to find killing the finder doesn't always result in good news, I've had the finder stick when doing this and requiring the whole machine to be powered off - sometimes harshly.

jayducharme

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
The .3 update has been a kludge in my experience. It slowed down my home Mac and caused all sort of havoc with the Macs I run in a lab. I'm hoping .4 is better.

urbanmacUser

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
They better of fixed keychain issues which worked in 10.15.0 then broke in .1 .2 and .3 despite Enterprises admins screaming at them

Reactions: Squuiid

xnsys

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2018
We've been reporting bugs and calling them in since 10.15.0 - I wouldn't hold up any hope, they even accepted that machines would be returned and seemed very blasé about it - felt like they really couldn't care less about the customers after that flurry of calls - and the majority of the reports filled with the feedback assistant has been ignored.
- - Post merged: - -

We used to get asked if we wanted to complete a survey, but would seem that the only times that we get requested to do that now is when the agent knows we are happy with the service....talk about fudging the stats.

Reactions: Apple Fritter

xnsys

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2018
If you are an Enterprise admin with Macs bound to AD, mobile accounts and FileVault you will know it’s all of them, the hardware is irrelevant, although new 16” MBP seem to be KPing a lot due to BridgeOS on the T2.
I’ve experienced exactly the same, and because we couldn’t downgrade the 16” and got fed up with the crashing, they have been returned - there is the whole synopsis in a thread on here.

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
If you are an Enterprise admin with Macs bound to AD, mobile accounts and FileVault you will know it’s all of them, the hardware is irrelevant, although new 16” MBP seem to be KPing a lot due to BridgeOS on the T2.
Ah, I see. I am not an enterprise admin. I took your blanket statement outside of this context that I am now aware of. For personal use, Catalina is fine as of version 10.15.3. It is unfortunate Apple is struggling with software quality for a while now.

urbanmacUser

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
I’ve experienced exactly the same, and because we couldn’t downgrade the 16” and got fed up with the crashing, they have been returned - there is the whole synopsis in a thread on here.
I’m off to find that to send to my users because of course don’t believe it’s an Apple fault but our Enterprise config.

Reactions: Apple Fritter

xnsys

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2018

It’s i this thread, my comments and findings are towards the end.

karzansweet

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2020
Erbil
I am trying everything it is still saying you can’t not see AVI file view there anything I can download software
Please thanks for Help