Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today appears to have seeded the first beta of an upcoming macOS Catalina 10.15.6 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after releasing macOS Catalina 10.15.5 with battery health management features for Macs.

catalina10156beta.jpg

The macOS Catalina 10.15.6 beta can be downloaded from the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences, as it does not yet appear to be showing up in the Apple Developer Center.

There's no word yet on what features or improvements the sixth update to macOS Catalina will introduce, but it likely focuses on performance improvements, security updates, and fixes for bugs that weren't able to be addressed in the prior update.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of Upcoming macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Update to Developers

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
I hope that this fixes my iCloud bookmark sync issue. I have been repeating myself every time Apple releases an update to Catalina. Let's see what happens.

• Wow
Reactions: Babygotfont

jb-net

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2012
Austria
I really hope Apple will fix all the serious bugs. Sycinig issues with iOS Devices, bugs in the Mail.app and in Photos.app as well as the new bug regarding backups. There are too many to list them all. Apple, its time to make Catalina usable in 10.15.6! Its serious!

adrianlondon

macrumors 68040
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Mine's only offering me a waste of a 1.6GB download for a 10.15.5 supplemental update. I assume this is similar to the iOS security update that's just been released, although not to me as it's not offering it to people with the dev beta profile installed. (Edit: Downloading iOS 13.5.5 beta 1.)

I'm currently ignoring the supplemental upgrade and hoping it'll eventually offer me the 10.15.6 beta without me needing to install that first.

Last edited:

nortonandreev

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2016
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Mine's only offering me a waste of a 1.6GB download for a 10.15.5 supplemental update. I assume this is similar to the iOS security update that's just been released, although not to me as it's not offering it to people with the dev beta profile installed. (Edit: Downloading iOS 13.5.5 beta 1.)

I'm currently ignoring the supplemental upgrade and hoping it'll eventually offer me the 10.15.6 beta without me needing to install that first.
Ye, seems annoying. Don't know if 10.15.6 is not appearing yet (it usually takes about an hour for me, in the UK) or if we are supposed to install the supplemental update first.

Last edited:

locovaca

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2002
Iowa
Wake me when the thing where it can’t reconnect to an external share except by IP address unless you restart finder is fixed.

OH MAN, I thought it was just me. If it’s the same bug I’ve found that if I try to connect via a file browser in an application (say, Pages) I can reconnect usually. But it’s frustrating that this has gone on for so long now.

centauratlas

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2003
Florida
Ye, seems annoying. Don't know if 10.15.6 is not appearing yet (it usually takes about an hour for me, in the UK) or if we are supposed to install the supplemental update first.

I did the supplemental update and still don't see the 10.15.6 beta. (In the US.)

So I think it may just be a waiting game. It took a little while for the last 10.15.5 beta too.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
OH MAN, I thought it was just me. If it’s the same bug I’ve found that if I try to connect via a file browser in an application (say, Pages) I can reconnect usually. But it’s frustrating that this has gone on for so long now.
It’s very widespread and repeatable, and has been reported to Apple by lots of NAS manufacturers and others. There’s a bug in the background service that associates IP address with the bonjour name of devices. Some people have ”fixed” it by creating a repeating background job that just kills and restarts that service every five minutes. They’ll probably never fix it at this point.

Zdigital2015

macrumors 68040
Jul 14, 2015
East Coast, United States
Hopefully they actually fixed some bugs instead of creating more.
You are a glass half full kind of person!

A shame that Apple simply tosses the glass off the table full, half or empty, hears it break, simply replaces it with a shiny new glass and then tells you that there was no other glass on the table, that you’re imagining things. Every damn year.

Do better Apple!

Last edited:

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I can’t believe it, but I think Catalina will be the first major OS from Apple I just skip.

A year of bug patches and it’s still shoddy quality and not reliable.

I say this not to be snarky. It stuns me. And it makes me sad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.