Apple Seeds First Beta of watchOS 5.2 to Developers

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 24, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming watchOS 5.2 update to developers, two days after releasing watchOS 5.1.3, a minor update focused on bug fixes.

Once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Apple Developer Center, the new watchOS beta can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software update.

[​IMG]

To install the update, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it has to be in range of the iPhone.

It's not yet clear what features will be introduced in the watchOS 5.2 update, but as 5.x software, it may include more significant changes than prior minor updates.

Should we discover anything new in the watchOS 5.2 beta, we'll update this post.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of watchOS 5.2 to Developers

2. Spendlove macrumors 6502

Spendlove

Who gets excited by an Apple Watch system update?

I do.

Love my watch!

3. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Same, by far my favorite piece of tech from Apple.

4. rmw49 macrumors newbie

My iPhone hardly ever leaves the house now I've got my first watch, Watch 4

5. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502

Jason Hensley

No doubt mine too. Fingers crossed for more apps on Infograph (Podcasts!!!!).

6. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I'm really hoping it will include the ability to load audiobooks outside of the audible subscription app. I have several in itunes that my wife would like to listen to during runs.

7. rjp1 macrumors regular

Have they added the sunrise/sunset as an option to infograph modular? Frustrating to still be waiting on simple things like this.

8. iAdamator macrumors 6502

For anyone with this beta can you tell us if you can now add the podcast app to the newer watch faces?

9. tharitm macrumors member

tharitm

10. kmann1983 macrumors newbie

kmann1983

I want the ability to set exercise and stand goals without having to have static uncontrollable numbers. Doesn't seem right to set people up to fail or to be completely useless for those who get several hours of exercise per day.

11. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Nope
    --- Post Merged, Jan 25, 2019 ---
    Nope
    --- Post Merged, Jan 25, 2019 ---
    Is the animation for loading apps from complications different. Looks like the app fades/zooms in from the location of the complication. For example, if the complication is on the bottom right, the animation of the app loading starts from the bottom right.

12. rmw49 macrumors newbie

I think the rings are perfect for those who want to be given a little impetus to do a bit more exercise. I'm just coming up to 70 years old but I do exercises, ride my bike and walk every day to fill the standard rings. Too many overweight and unfit people in the world just now. Sad. Just my humble opinion.