Apple Seeds First Beta of watchOS 6.1.2 to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming watchOS 6.1.2 update to developers, one week after releasing the watchOS 6.1.1 update with bug fixes.

Once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Apple Developer Center, the new watchOS beta can be downloaded through the dedicated ??Apple Watch?? app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update.

To install the update, the ??Apple Watch?? needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it has to be in range of the ?iPhone?.

There's no word yet on what features are included in the watchOS 6.1.2 beta, but if we find anything new after downloading the software, we'll update this article.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of watchOS 6.1.2 to Developers

Steveatesh

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2014
North east England
I’m hoping this update fixes a bug introduced by OS6 that stops Siri and other internet dependent apps connecting properly when used with an iPhone SE. various posts on here and Apple Support forum indicate the problem seems to be limited to iPhone SE users, symptoms typically are lag and dropping connections, especially with Siri.

Reactions: Saludos and anzio

Carrotcruncher

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2019
I wish Apple would start adding changelogs to these betas, its a really poor way of managing the software updates, how are we supposed to know and provide valid feedback if we cant see a changelog, if Apple want us to help with their software development they can at least to the decent thing and tells us what we are installing

rbart

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2013
France
I am not sure apple wants us to test the beta versions.
I think they only want a huge test platform with people who use the software in different conditions and send automatic logs to apple

Reactions: Carrotcruncher

Carrotcruncher

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2019
I am not sure apple wants us to test the beta versions.
I think they only want a huge test platform with people who use the software in different conditions and send automatic logs to apple
I think your probably right, saying that though I do get fairly regular replies to some bug reports asking for more details, I just want the darn changelogs!