MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming watchOS 7.4 update to developers for testing purposes, with the beta coming just a few days after the launch of watchOS 7.3 with "Time to Walk" support and expanded ECG availability.

applewatchseroundup.jpg

To install the ‌watchOS 7.4 beta, developers need to download the proper configuration profile from the Apple Developer Center. Once the profile is in place, the watchOS 7.4 beta can be downloaded through the dedicated ‌Apple Watch‌ app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update.

To update to the new software, the ‌Apple Watch‌ needs to have 50 percent battery life, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the ‌‌‌‌‌iPhone‌‌‌‌‌.

We don't yet know what's included in watchOS 7.4, but it could include bug fixes for issues that weren't able to be addressed in the watchOS 7.3 update. If we find anything new, we'll update this article.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of watchOS 7.4 to Developers

FishyFish

macrumors demi-god
Sep 18, 2015
West Coast
Just got this installed and it is a beaut so far. All of my watch faces seem to be working great, and my complications are showing up as expect. Going to continue to test more deeply, but so far this looks like it's going to be another great release. Yea watchOS 7.4! Can't wait for the final release!

Comment

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
Just got this installed and it is a beaut so far. All of my watch faces seem to be working great, and my complications are showing up as expect. Going to continue to test more deeply, but so far this looks like it's going to be another great release. Yea watchOS 7.4! Can't wait for the final release!
Your beta testing is second to none! A dream. Thanks fishyfish! 😆😂🤣

Last edited:
Comment

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
To update to the new software, the ‌Apple Watch‌ needs to have 50 percent battery life, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the ‌‌‌‌‌iPhone‌‌‌‌‌

....And update your iPhone to the latest iOS version 14.5

....And update your iPhone to the latest iOS version 14.5

Reactions: douglasb7
Comment

SRM1982

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2017
In Passcode settings on the watch, there’s now the option to “Unlock by iPhone: When this is on, unlocking your iPhone will automatically unlock Apple Watch - as long as you’re wearing it” 👍🏻

Reactions: Spoonbender01
Comment

Francesco Leone

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2020
Il you turn off Bluetooth on Apple Watch, unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch doesn‘t work anymore.

Comment

Andre_C

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2021
I'm hoping it will fix the bug that prevents from unlocking my MacBook Pro with my watch now.

Comment

maclobo

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2009
I really hope it fixes the "cardio fitness not recording anymore" bug. I would really like to have that feature on my 6 back--as would many others complaining about the same thing.

Comment

RonRN18

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
I'm not sure if it is due to the fact that my watch is a Series 3 Apple Watch instead of the latest and greatest but my watch is telling me that watchOS 7.3 is the latest watchOS. Yes, I have the Developer Beta profile on my Watch in addition to my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I'm wanting to test the Watch unlocking of iPhone feature in iOS 14.5.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.