Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming watchOS 9.1 update to developers for testing purposes, with the new beta coming just one day after the launch of watchOS 9.

watchOS-9-Feature.jpg

To install ‌watchOS 9.1, developers will need to download the configuration profile from the Apple Developer Center. Once installed, ‌watchOS 9.1‌ can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software update. To update to new software, an Apple Watch needs to have 50 percent battery life, it must be placed on the charger, and it needs to be in range of the ‌iPhone‌.

We don't yet know what's included in the watchOS 9.1 update, but watchOS 9 brought a redesigned Compass app, a new medication tracking feature, updated watch faces, improvements to Workouts, new features for the ECG app, and more.

We'll update this article if anything notable is found in the watchOS 9.1 update.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of watchOS 9.1 to Developers

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
Since I updated to watchOS 9 on my SE watch, the battery at the end of the day is far worse. I'd easily have >50% at the end of the day and last night it was like 20%. It's only been a few days so I'm keeping track. I know .0 versions with Apple typically have terrible battery life.

Reactions: _Spinn_

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
very much needed. Phone runs great with 16 but watchOS is eating battery and constantly asks me to pinch for snooze. I never snooze and turned the alarm off after 5 seconds, yet the watch wants me to snooze for the rest of the day. Every single raise of the wrist.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
I hope they fix the 2 bugs I've found, one of which predates WatchOS 9.
1. Workout status does not show on watch face
2. Pre-dating WatchOS 9, a Shortcut bug where prompt text is not displayed and only the input box plus input options.

robfoll

Contributor
Mar 22, 2020
I hope they fix the OS9 tiny illegible complications! World time was a glance; now it's a squint and hold the watch to face. Major step backwards. See the image, OS9 left / OS8 right

Attachments

• Watch OS8-9.png
    Watch OS8-9.png
    525 KB · Views: 965
Reactions: Jimmie Geddes

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
Since I updated to watchOS 9 on my SE watch, the battery at the end of the day is far worse. I'd easily have >50% at the end of the day and last night it was like 20%. It's only been a few days so I'm keeping track. I know .0 versions with Apple typically have terrible battery life.
I'm seeing the same thing. Normally I would have about 40-45% left at the end of the day but now I'm down to about 20-25%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.