Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first betas of upcoming iOS and iPadOS 15.2 updates to developers for testing purposes, with the new software coming one day after the launch of iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1.

General-iOS-15.2-Feature.jpg

iOS and iPadOS 15.2 can be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center or over the air after the proper profile has been installed on an iPhone or an iPad.

According to Apple's release notes for the update, iOS 15.2 introduces App Privacy Report, a feature that allows users to view App Activity in a new section of the Settings app. Go to Settings > Privacy > App Privacy Report > Turn on App Privacy Report. Data will begin showing up once apps are in use.

There are also some other iOS 15 features that have yet to be released, so we could perhaps also see those introduced in the new betas. Legacy Contact, the feature that allows users to choose a person to access their Apple ID in the event of their death, has not been added to iOS 15 as of yet, and Apple still hasn't implemented Universal Control in iPadOS or macOS Monterey, nor has it added support for keys and IDs in the Wallet app.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Betas of iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2 to Developers With App Privacy Report

Last edited:

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
I want to see the Apple Maps improvements in CarPlay which is supposed to happen before the end of the year.
That and Universal Control are what I'm wanting to see.

That's really all that's left, isn't it? With the exception of those two things, I think we've gotten pretty much everything else that was supposed to come with iOS 15 and Monterey. Could be wrong though.

EDIT: Yep, I was wrong! More missing features are listed in the top post. (Legacy contacts, for example)

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
>> Turn on App Privacy Report. Data will begin showing up once apps are in use. <<

Um yes! Am looking forward to see how the data matches with the non confirmed privacy descriptions in the app store. This will nudge me into 15 once it gets to release.

Reactions: kelvinbastow

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
Fix the core animation issue already or whatever it is that’s causing stutter on the 13 Pros. Would’ve thought that would’ve been addressed in 15.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kylo83

kelvinbastow

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2021
Birmingham
This seems like a great feature to really check of those apps we’ve denied acces too *cough* Facebook *cough* ?. Although tbh I’ve recently uninstalled the app anyway and when I need to have a quick check I just use safari along with add blocker extensions etc. works like a charm.

Reactions: iOSlife

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
Fix the core animation issue already or whatever it is that’s causing stutter on the 13 Pros. Would’ve thought that would’ve been addressed in 15.1.
I don’t even think they will fix it just like safari on the new MacBooks running at 60hz

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA

Overview​

The iOS & iPadOS 15.2 SDK provides support to develop apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS & iPadOS 15.2 beta. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 13.2 beta, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 13.2, see doc://com.apple.documentation/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-13_2-release-notes.

App Privacy Report​

New Features in iOS & iPadOS 15.2 beta​

• iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 introduced the Record App Activity feature in the privacy settings, allowing people to save a summary of sensor, data, and internet access by apps on their device.
    In iOS 15.2 beta and iPadOS 15.2 Beta, this activity is presented in Settings in a new UI called App Privacy Report. This is a great opportunity to review your app’s sensor, data, and internet usage. To view your activity in the report, go to Settings > Privacy > App Privacy Report > Turn On App Privacy Report. Activity will show once you use your app. (78696668)

App Store​

Resolved in iOS & iPadOS 15.2 beta​

• Fixed an issue where subscriptions continue to auto-renew after calling expireSubscription(productIdentifier:) in automated tests using StoreKit Test. (82800700)
  • Fixed an issue where pay-as-you-go offers may be displayed incorrectly in payment sheets when testing subscriptions with StoreKit Testing in Xcode. (74165210)
  • New subscription renewal rates in terms of monthly renewals are now available for StoreKit Testing in Xcode. When testing on systems earlier than macOS 12.1, iOS 15.2, tvOS 15.2, and watchOS 8.3, these renewal rates will be approximations using the deprecated rates in terms of days. (76929977)

Known Issues​

• StoreKit APIs that present a sheet in your app to manage subscriptions can be tested with StoreKit Testing in Xcode. Use showManageSubscriptions(in:) when working with UIKit or the manageSubscriptionsSheet(isPresented:) view modifier when working with SwiftUI. (79975963)

Location Emergency​

• Auto Call can now be set up to use one of two methods for initiating an emergency call: holding the side button together with a volume button, or rapidly pressing the side button multiple times. Both methods now show a longer, 8-second countdown before placing an emergency call. (84620050)

SwiftUI​

Known Issues​

• Document-based apps include a Save As menu item above Duplicate. (83741212)

Reactions: hxlover904

Altivec88

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2016
That and Universal Control are what I'm wanting to see.

That's really all that's left, isn't it? With the exception of those two things, I think we've gotten pretty much everything else that was supposed to come with iOS 15 and Monterey. Could be wrong though.

EDIT: Yep, I was wrong! More missing features are listed in the top post. (Legacy contacts, for example)
Also still missing the activation of the CSAM scanner. They said this is delayed until they look into it further. Not sure what their timeline is on it. Could be in 15.2 to never seeing the light of day. Until they let us know the plan, I'll be on 14 with any new hardware purchases being placed on hold.

Reactions: u+ive and iOS Geek

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I’m really interested on this featue, and might be what pushes me to jump into iOS 15. If I’m not mistaken, this will tell us what data (from our iPhones) each app has access to, right? So even if an app says “access to your multimedia content” on their App Store privacy sheet, through this report you will see if an app has gained access to your photo library, right?

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
I don’t even think they will fix it just like safari on the new MacBooks running at 60hz

They did state that there would be a fix in an upcoming update. I’m just disappointed that it’s not included in this one seeing as the iPhones have been out for well over a month now.

Like the Safari issue on the new MacBooks; it should never have been an issue in the first place. We shouldn’t have to wait and hope for fixes for things that should have no issues on day one, especially when they advertise a “smooth experience” etc.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008

Overview​

The iOS & iPadOS 15.2 SDK provides support to develop apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS & iPadOS 15.2 beta. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 13.2 beta, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 13.2, see doc://com.apple.documentation/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-13_2-release-notes.

App Privacy Report​

• iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 introduced the Record App Activity feature in the privacy settings, allowing people to save a summary of sensor, data, and internet access by apps on their device.
    In iOS 15.2 beta and iPadOS 15.2 Beta, this activity is presented in Settings in a new UI called App Privacy Report. This is a great opportunity to review your app’s sensor, data, and internet usage. To view your activity in the report, go to Settings > Privacy > App Privacy Report > Turn On App Privacy Report. Activity will show once you use your app. (78696668)

App Store​

• Fixed an issue where subscriptions continue to auto-renew after calling expireSubscription(productIdentifier:) in automated tests using StoreKit Test. (82800700)
  • Fixed an issue where pay-as-you-go offers may be displayed incorrectly in payment sheets when testing subscriptions with StoreKit Testing in Xcode. (74165210)
  • New subscription renewal rates in terms of monthly renewals are now available for StoreKit Testing in Xcode. When testing on systems earlier than macOS 12.1, iOS 15.2, tvOS 15.2, and watchOS 8.3, these renewal rates will be approximations using the deprecated rates in terms of days. (76929977)

Known Issues​

• StoreKit APIs that present a sheet in your app to manage subscriptions can be tested with StoreKit Testing in Xcode. Use showManageSubscriptions(in:) when working with UIKit or the manageSubscriptionsSheet(isPresented:) view modifier when working with SwiftUI. (79975963)

Location Emergency​

• Auto Call can now be set up to use one of two methods for initiating an emergency call: holding the side button together with a volume button, or rapidly pressing the side button multiple times. Both methods now show a longer, 8-second countdown before placing an emergency call. (84620050)

SwiftUI​

Known Issues​

• Document-based apps include a Save As menu item above Duplicate. (83741212)
I love that the forum software parsed all of the colons and closing parentheses into smilies.

Reactions: Ntombi

xplora

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
As a left-hander, I provided feedback to Apple regarding the Apple Pencil swipe up from bottom left/right corner features for screenshot and Quick Notes, being fixed to the left and right respectively, asking them to enable left-handlers to swap the settings, and I am happy to say Apple have accepted that feedback, and enabled the settings to be revered in 15.2.

Settings -> Apple Pencil -> Left/Right Corner Swipe both now provide options for Screenshot, Quick Notes, or Off. Previously it was Off with Screenshot for Left and Quick Notes for Right.

iOSlife

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2021
This seems like a great feature to really check of those apps we’ve denied acces too *cough* Facebook *cough* ?. Although tbh I’ve recently uninstalled the app anyway and when I need to have a quick check I just use safari along with add blocker extensions etc. works like a charm.
Yup… Facebook is not happy right now ?

Reactions: kelvinbastow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.