Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the conclusion of today's keynote event that saw the unveiling of new versions of iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS, Apple has made the first betas of iOS and iPadOS 15 available to developers for testing purposes.

iOS-15-icon-mock-banner.jpg

Registered developers can download the profile for the first iOS and iPadOS betas from the Apple Developer Center, and once the profile is installed, beta updates will be available over the air. It's best to install iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 on a secondary iPhone because this is early release software that could have issues.

Over the course of the iOS/‌iPadOS 15 testing period, Apple will be able to refine new features and work out bugs ahead of the software's release, which is expected in the fall. The June release will also allow developers to build new iOS and ‌iPadOS 15 features into their apps.

The new beta software is limited to registered developers at this time, but Apple will provide a public beta for public beta testers later in the summer. Beta testing will last for several months ahead of the expected September release date of iOS and iPadOS 15.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Betas of iOS and iPadOS 15 to Developers

Mr. Awesome

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2016
Idaho, USA
I would imagine that, like on the iPhone, if you never scroll over to it, you’ll never see it.
Yes, but if you don’t want the App Library on iPad, you still have the App Library icon in the Dock, whether you like it or not.

I personally am looking forward to the iPad App Library, but I’m sure some are not.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
My MBP is updating… but the Appleseed portal appears to still be down...

Edit: It's up (but being hammered, lol).

Last edited:

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I usually wait until about PB 3 or 4 but I’m just going to go for it this time around. The last few years the betas have been pretty stable.

Edit: smooth and problem-free thus far. I have not had any apps that don’t work. No resprings either. Battery usage is decent. 1.45 hours screen on and 4 hours screen off and I’m at 75% on my 12 Pro.

Last edited:

Ettuts

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2021
First bug found on iOS 15 after a quick glance.

Going to settings > focus > setup work - once I’ve added the contacts I want to allow for this status, when you then try and add other apps under allowed it completely crashes out the settings app.

using iPhone 12 Pro.

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2002
Does anyone know of you can downgrade to a iOS 14 backup after trying the iOS 15 beta?
If it’s like prior updates, yes BUT I’d wait just because this one seems like it may need to modify your iCloud information. Hopefully, it tells you that as a part of using any iCloud features for the first time after updating. BUT, if you let it change your features THEN try to downgrade, you may be stuck with an iCloud configured for 15 with a device running 14.

EDIT: I did this on a prior dev build where I had several production devices I used daily and a device JUST for betas that I created a new iCloud account for to avoid my production one getting changed. Just have to take a couple steps of prevention and be careful.

Huugaa

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2021
Somebody please tell me that they implemented proper external display support on ipados 15...

Reactions: giebe

simtilver

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2012
Widgets are a mess. Can't delete the ones I already had on my iPad... Also, they removed a full row of apps on iPad. it's now 6 columns and 4 rows in Landscape mode... 4 columns and 6 rows in Portrait mode. Looks REALLY strange.

HackMacDaddy

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
Undisclosed
Do we finally get the weather app on iPad OS? It‘s pretty complex now and I was waiting for Craig to say: and for the first time we finally bring the beautiful weather app to the ipad….

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
Yes, but if you don’t want the App Library on iPad, you still have the App Library icon in the Dock, whether you like it or not.

I personally am looking forward to the iPad App Library, but I’m sure some are not.
Have you or anyone else figured out how to move a whole page of apps to the App Library on iPadOS? I was sure I saw it happen in the Keynote this morning.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
First bug found on iOS 15 after a quick glance.

Going to settings > focus > setup work - once I’ve added the contacts I want to allow for this status, when you then try and add other apps under allowed it completely crashes out the settings app.

using iPhone 12 Pro.
Is your phone managed by an MDM? Updated profile installed? By work contacts are they exchange on premises or online?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.