Apple Seeds First Build of OS X 10.8.1 to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following on the heels of our report from Wednesday about Apple's preparations for developer seeds of OS X 10.8.1, Apple has now released the first build of the Mountain Lion update to developers, according to 9to5Mac.

The release has a build number of 12B13 and Apple reports no known issues, but asks developers to focus on a wide variety of areas for their testing. The delta update -- where only items that have changed are downloaded -- weighs in at 36.4MB.

According to 9to5Mac, developers have been asked to test Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange in Mail, PAC proxies in Safari, SMB, USB, and Wi-Fi and audio when connected to the Apple Thunderbolt display.

The OS X 10.8.1 seed is available for download via the OS X Developer portal at developer.apple.com.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Build of OS X 10.8.1 to Developers

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
PAC proxies in Safari

Awesome, that means 1Password can be used in Safari with proxies in 10.8.1. About time!

Did they release a newer version of Safari? Can somebody please post the Safari Build number.

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2005
Hope this release fixes the bug where folder item count wouldn't update no matter what.

Last edited:

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
.1 releases are both delta and combo in the same package. It's always the same thing.
Umm, no it isn't. This is a delta update only. It is impossible to have a combo update of 34mb when the OS itself is over 700MB.

In addition, even Apple said it's a delta update.

----------

36.4MB? that tells me not to get my hopes up.
You do know what delta updates are right? 34MB is a lot when we're talking about changing textual code.

I don't expect a lot of graphical changes here, just tiny improvements and bug fixes for a .1 release.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Umm, no it isn't. This is a delta update only. It is impossible to have a combo update of 34mb when the OS itself is over 700MB.
Combo updates contain all other updates up to that point. As this is the first update, there are no other updates and therefore the combo doesn't exist. The size of the OS is irrelevant.

However, an alternative definition of a combo update is "one that can be installed on top of a .0 release", which this update does fulfil.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
You do know what delta updates are right? 34MB is a lot when we're talking about changing textual code.

I don't expect a lot of graphical changes here, just tiny improvements and bug fixes for a .1 release.
Indeed i do but 36.4 even for a delta update is pretty lean.

Fhame Rashid

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2011
England
PAC proxies in Safari

Awesome, that means 1Password can be used in Safari with proxies in 10.8.1. About time!

Did they release a newer version of Safari? Can somebody please post the Safari Build number.
OS X 10.8.1

Safari BUILD 6.0 (8536.25)
Bootcamp 5.0 (444)
App Store 1.2 (129)
Mail 6 (1486)

can anyone confirm these are newer builds?

Last edited: