Apple Seeds First macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Beta to Developers

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 31, 2017.

1. JesperA macrumors 6502a

Public Beta now available. Listed as "Beta 0" in the update tab for some reason

2. haddy macrumors regular

Beta 1 for me. Version 10.13.2 beta (17C60c)

3. brandobot macrumors newbie

brandobot

This update bricked my machine. It went through installing, then brought me to the logon screen where it was unable to display my accounts and instead said "update required". It took my password on the accounts, but then went into a "your system encountered a problem".

I was unable to successfully re-install using Recovery Mode as I was unable to unlock my drive. Tried to mount and unlock, but it seemed like the button did nothing.

4. GeorgeBell macrumors newbie

Had a very similar thing happen...it kernel panicked a few times on startup after logging in on "update required" on login screen, then I did a full shutdown and reboot and it came back, but with a funky window blind effect on the login page, and now it appears no graphics acceleration enabled (everything is slow and clunky, toolbar is non-transparent etc.).

5. fidelity101 macrumors newbie

After installing this latest update, I'm unable to connect to my iPhone or iPad hotspot. I'm stuck with a cable between the iPad and MacBook.

The installation took longer than any of the other updates in the past and required two restarts, but I didn't have any problems requiring recovery mode or kernel issues. I'm running the latest MacBook with touch panel 15"

6. nbtafelberg macrumors newbie

nbtafelberg

WINE is also broken. Doesn't run.

Eve online - now doesn't run

7. jdclifford macrumors 6502

SiriusXM now streams in Safari (fixed per my feedback to Appleseed)

8. macross87 macrumors member

macross87

Performed the update two days ago from Dev Beta 5. Sadly, I keep having wake issues while in clamshell mode. The machine is completely unresponsive after a long sleep (a few hours). *sad trombone*

9. JesperA macrumors 6502a

Every time i put my iMac to sleep it force ejects my external drives, i have already corrupted one of my WD Passport drives, no biggie (obvious workarounds) but its kinda annoying.

10. haddy macrumors regular

umm..... how do you put an iMac to sleep?

11. MacGizmo, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017

MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

Apple>Sleep
    or
    Control + F13

but there are more permanent solutions you can use to sleep a Mac....
    IMG_0081.jpg IMG_0080.jpg

12. haddy macrumors regular

Yeah well in Energy Saver I have never/never and just use the screen saver. I don't see the point of putting a SSD to sleep. However, I have real old Macs like in your pics that are asleep too.:(

13. JesperA macrumors 6502a

Why do you base your sleep habit around an SSD? The sleep functionality is more about the rest of the system, not the 4 watt SSD. My iMac, at idle uses almost 200w of power (+120w for my ACD), when in sleep mode its less than 40w. Since i never turn my computer off thats a pretty large energy-saving every year. Also, why waste energy and lifespan of the monitor by using a screensaver instead of having it turn off the monitor atleast.

And for your other post, i don't really understand your question, macOS only has a select few ways of putting the computer to sleep, all of them results in the same sleep state and thus resulting in the same bug so your question is irrelevant.

14. haddy macrumors regular

Okay fair enough..but I'm in the camp of not powering down computers to increase their life. And this seems to work in this house.

15. Steve's Dead macrumors newbie

I don’t think that is very sound advice at all. The individual components of a computer are designed to withstand a minimum number of service hours, and you are burning through them.

Do you leave the lights on all night in that house of yours to increase their lifetime as well? :)