Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Beta version available for my 7 Plus but not yet for my iPad 6.

Edit: 2 profiles I had on the iPad were somehow deleted. Reinstalled and downloading the beta 4 update.

Last edited:

MrZippyUK

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2016
Any improvement in the stuttering scroll in a 3rd party apps on the iPhone X. I’m sick to death of this, I had the last beta but was still the same. So assumed maybe an upgrade bug when I got the iPhone X, so I didn’t a factory restore and setup as a new phone, still the same! Twitter is best example, vertical scroll stutters, whereas their web app in safari is fine, so I fail to believe a hardware bug, my wife’s iPhone X is the same.

Please can someone help with this, to get some more mainstream media coverage, this phone is in theory costing me £1199 as on iPhone upgrade programme.

Dizzy714

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
HomePod stereo and multi-HomePod rooms are separate features, correct? Like, can I have two HomePod’s in my living room under ‘living room’ in Home and have them both playing the same thing simoultaneously yet not in actual ‘stereo’?

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
HomePod stereo and multi-HomePod rooms are separate features, correct? Like, can I have two HomePod’s in my living room under ‘living room’ in Home and have them both playing the same thing simoultaneously yet not in actual ‘stereo’?
Whilst they are technically separate features they'll both come under the AirPlay 2 banner.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010

The word 'stereo' is a bit of a misnomer. They will work cooperatively to provide the best sound in the room possible.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Here’s to hoping notifications are fixed in this beta! After last beta, notifications on the X were totally hit or miss.

krusnof

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
Topanga, CA
This one is hurting my phone. Battery draining very fast (no apps open in background), and doesn't recognize or even allow charing from non-Apple lightning cables (incl. Anker Powerline II). iPhone 8. Hope it's a freak case since this sucks.

Jarrodbcall

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2013
Guys, how soon will public betas for iOS 12 and macOS 10.14 be released after developer betas during the Keynote?
I think it has been timed with beta 2 the last few times, so likely about 3 weeks after. I don’t remember for sure, though.

Reactions: sniffies

lyricthejoe

Cancelled
Dec 7, 2011
It looks like the ability to set screen lock to never is gone...?

Nope - Still there.

054E0AE9-BB4B-4C25-AEAE-098234B73362.png

macking104

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2003
California, USA
Nope. Still having major issues with the screen becoming totally unresponsive.
Hard reboot help? If not stop by an Apple store for diagnostics...
  1. Press down the Volume Up button and release
  2. Press down the Volume Down button and release
  3. Hold down the side Power / Lock button until you see the  Apple logo appear on screen, this can take about 10 seconds or so
  4. Once you see the  Apple logo on the display, release the Power button and the device will boot up as usual

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Searched this thread for the word, “bug“ before I posted this, so hopefully it’s not been addressed.

Has anyone been able to confirm whether this version fixes the iPhone 7 series microphone issue please?

I’m asking as my sister has one.

Jarrodbcall

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2013
Searched this thread for the word, “bug“ before I posted this, so hopefully it’s not been addressed.

Has anyone been able to confirm whether this version fixes the iPhone 7 series microphone issue please?

I’m asking as my sister has one.
Unfortunately I can’t speak to this, but I do believe that Apple is repairing some iPhone 7 microphones as of this week. She could probably take it in and they would figure out the software or do a repair.

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Any improvement in the stuttering scroll in a 3rd party apps on the iPhone X. I’m sick to death of this, I had the last beta but was still the same. So assumed maybe an upgrade bug when I got the iPhone X, so I didn’t a factory restore and setup as a new phone, still the same! Twitter is best example, vertical scroll stutters, whereas their web app in safari is fine, so I fail to believe a hardware bug, my wife’s iPhone X is the same.

Please can someone help with this, to get some more mainstream media coverage, this phone is in theory costing me £1199 as on iPhone upgrade programme.

That's not stutter, that's "ugh, my scrolling got stuck in molasses".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.