Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.1 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 17, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave 10.14.1 update to developers, a little over one week after seeding the third beta and three weeks after releasing the macOS Mojave update.

macOS Mojave introduces a new method of installing software updates, so after the initial beta has been installed using the appropriate profile from the Developer Center, additional betas can be downloaded through opening up System Preferences and choosing the "Software Update" option.

[​IMG]

The 10.14.1 update includes support for Group FaceTime, a feature that was removed during the beta testing period. Group FaceTime, which lets you chat with up to 32 people at once, is also present in the iOS 12.1 beta.

macOS Mojave 10.14.1 introduces more than 70 new emoji characters that are also available in iOS 12.1 and watchOS 5.1. There are new options for red hair, curly hair, no hair, and gray hair, along with characters to represent superheroes, cold face, party face, pleading face, and face with hearts.

There are a number of new animals and food items like kangaroo, parrot, lobster, mango, lettuce, and cupcake. Tweaks have been made to some existing emoji as well. The iPhone emoji, for example, has been updated to look like the iPhone X with no bezels or Home button.

[​IMG]

We didn't find any other significant new features in the first three developer betas of macOS Mojave, so it's not clear if there are any additional changes. The update likely includes performance improvements and bug fixes for issues that have been discovered since the release of the Mojave update.

Should new features be found in the fourth beta, we'll update this post.

macOS Mojave is a major update that brings features like a systemwide Dark Mode, stacks for organizing messy desktops, new Finder capabilities, new tools for taking screenshots, a Continuity Camera option for easily transferring photo scans and documents from iPhone to Mac, and more. For more on macOS Mojave, make sure to check out our roundup.

Update: Apple has also seeded a new macOS Mojave beta to its public beta testing group.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.1 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

2. Big Ron macrumors 6502

Big Ron

3. dan9700 macrumors 68020

dan9700

I wonder whats changed? To be honest i dont care about emojis, anything in the last 3 betas changed

4. Big Ron macrumors 6502

Big Ron

Sick of emojis. Let’s concentrate on a robust OS

5. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

6. martyjmclean macrumors regular

martyjmclean

Excited! Mojave is hands down the most stable release with useful (to me) features in a long time. Also that roo emoji is cute as!

7. martyjmclean macrumors regular

martyjmclean

If you try reading the article, you’ll know some of the bigger changes.

8. chrfr macrumors 604

18B67a.

9. macpanzer macrumors regular

Have they fixed the battery drain issue during sleep?

10. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

If only you would read your own forums, perhaps you'd actually learn something.

MP5,1: Mojave 10.14.1 DP3 BootROM 140.0.0.0.0 has native NVMe support!!!

Don't mind me, carry on with your nonsensical discussion on emojis. I'll get back to work.

Edit: Oh and while I'm here...maybe this is also interesting for folks RTX Series Cards have Native Bootscreen Support!

11. WaruiKoohii macrumors 6502

T2 got a firmware update as did the BootROM, so worth looking at for anyone still having T2 related issues.

12. mithion macrumors regular

I have to say, Mojave and iOS 12 have been some of the smoothest launches from Apple in a decade. Looking forward to continued refinement and stabilization. Mojave will become very robust with it having started out on such a strong footing.

13. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

Sick of complaints about emojis. I'm sure the developers are working on the OS, while the graphic artists are drawing the latest emojis that the Unicode Consortium has added to Unicode. I wish the Unicode Consortium would stop approving new emoji.

14. jameslmoser macrumors 6502

jameslmoser

Technically thats not a Mojave change, and it only affects the mac pro 5,1 (and 4,1) owners.

15. Vjosullivan macrumors 6502

Vjosullivan

They’re making the emojis bigger? Excellent!

16. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

this beta released fixed a couple of weird issues with Mojave for me like some jitteriness when moving spaces and Mac App Store not working.

17. Konigi macrumors member

Konigi

Can't wait for it! I know macOS 10.14 has been incredibly stable and performant, but yet, taking care of the few bugs and improving it overall is always welcome. Generally the first minor update gets the most of it.

And yeah, contrary to what everyone else is saying, I like having more emojis. And I know they are not wasting a lot of resources into it. So why not. If it was the only change in the update, then I would be disappointed.

18. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

That's what Apple did, this (Mojave) is by far the most stable (OS X/macOS)releases since it's inception more than a decade and a half ago.

19. MisterAndrew macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

20. jgbr macrumors 6502a

21. saudade macrumors 6502

saudade

22. travelsheep macrumors 6502

travelsheep

switch off your wifi before you close the lid at night

23. haddy macrumors regular

24. azpc macrumors regular

Have they solved the random appearances of FaceTime? Occasionally, when I turn on my iMac, the FaceTime camera is activated.

25. soonlar macrumors newbie

soonlar

I’m still on the hunt for the Nvidia web drivers in Mojave