Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.2 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 28, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave 10.14.2 update to developers, two weeks after seeding the third beta and a month after releasing the macOS Mojave 10.14.1 update.

The new macOS High Sierra 10.14.2 beta can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after the proper profile has been installed from Apple's Developer Center.

[​IMG]

We don't yet know what improvements the second update to macOS Mojave will bring, but it is likely to include bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that weren't able to be addressed in the macOS 10.14.1 update.

No new features were discovered in the first three 10.14.2 betas, but we'll update this post if anything new is found in the fourth beta.

macOS Mojave 10.14.2 comes shortly after the release of macOS 10.14.1, an update that brought support for Group FaceTime on the Mac and introduced new emoji characters.

Update: Apple has also made a new public beta of macOS 10.14.2 available to its public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.2 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

2. atomic.flip macrumors regular

atomic.flip

I’m shocked no one has replied to this post yet. I’m not by my macs right now but will be installing this on three machines later this evening.

3. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68030

PBG4 Dude

Just saw this post now. Downloaded the 2.47GB update in less than a minute. I think my ISP gave me a speed increase and didn’t tell me about it.

4. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

5. haddy, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018

haddy macrumors regular

But not on PB yet........A long time between builds;)
    Okay......1min ago PB released:)

10.14.2 Beta (18C52a)

6. Konigi macrumors member

Konigi

I hope it fixes my issues with Messages notifications.

7. Scott Sherman macrumors newbie

hopefully has fix for LG 34WK95u monitor connection via thunderbolt. The new LG 5k2k monitor seems to not be able to shake hands with the MBP 2018 15"

8. kissmo macrumors 6502a

I have 2 machines with video flickering when playing youtube or vimeo, and I really hope this gets fixed.

9. doctor_der macrumors newbie

I hope it fixes the bug where my mbp '18 can't see my 5GHz network. Has anyone experienced this?

10. RednBlue macrumors regular

RednBlue

11. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Been happening since Sierra.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 29, 2018 ---
    I hope it fixes the bug that prevents Safari from shutting down the system.

12. amaze1499 macrumors regular

amaze1499

FYI: During the update a firmware update was also triggered for my MBP 13" 2012.

Boot-ROM-Version: 222.0.0.0.0
    SMC-Version (System): 2.2f44

13. gcbarre macrumors newbie

gcbarre

Mac Mini i7 Late 2012: After I open any dmg encrypted files in both internal SDD and external HDs makes my computer too slow, with a beach ball cursor, that I have to turn it off as it becomes inoperable. This also happens creating a new encrypted disk image. All worked fine before Mojave.

14. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

32 seconds here...:)

Retina or the normal one?
    Will update, see if it's the same here.

15. M.Rizk macrumors 6502

M.Rizk

Me! Me! Me!

It can’t see the 5 GHz network from my older access point since I got it back at launch till this day.

I had to name the 5 GHz same as the 2.4 GHz and now the MBP will connect to 2.4 then move to 5 GHz.

This only happens with a single access point I have. No issue seeing the other two.

16. danpyq macrumors newbie

The video flickering stopped in the previous beta, now its back :/

17. M.Rizk macrumors 6502

M.Rizk

Who knew it is that hard playing a YouTube video. Such a disappointment this what macOS is turning into :/

18. amaze1499 macrumors regular

amaze1499

I saw this too but in an earlier beta using Safari. No issues with Firefox though.

19. macressler2018 macrumors newbie

macressler2018

I am periodically having problems with my keyboard not typing out full words. This was happening when I had High Sierra installed.

20. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

That's an odd problem, did you already try to solve it?
    How many times does it have this problem, if it's hourly or even daily you could do the following.
    Start up without any login Items, if you hold the Shift key instantly after log in and hold it after your Mac has finished to log in no programs/background programs should start.
    Try if this solves the problem.
    If not you could make a new temporary account in Users & Groups in System preferences, shut down and restart, log into the new one, if it won't occur here you have a User problem, if it does though it's highly likely a System bug/main Library problem.