Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.3 Update to Developers and Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 10, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave 10.14.3 update to developers and public beta testers, a few days after releasing the third beta and more than a month after the launch of macOS Mojave 10.14.2.

The new macOS Mojave 10.14.3 beta can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after the proper profile has been installed from Apple's Developer Center or the public beta testing site.

[​IMG]

We don't yet know what improvements the next update to macOS Mojave will bring, but it is likely to include bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that weren't able to be addressed in the macOS 10.14.2 update.

No new features were found in the first three betas of macOS 10.14.3, but if we find anything new in the fourth beta, we'll update this post.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.3 Update to Developers and Public Beta Testers

2. xflashx macrumors regular

3. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Wonder if 10.14.3 will fix the flickering problem on the Vega 20 MBPs (which was introduced with 10.14.2).

4. xflashx macrumors regular

And I am waiting for a fix for a bug which makes your Macs CPU boling hot when running screensavers...

5. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

6. Konigi macrumors member

Konigi

Is there a reason why they never state what's in the beta?

7. aliaxos macrumors newbie

I ve just installed Mojave 10.14.2 and have serious issues with stalling ... in an iMac 2017 64Gb Ram with a £10k VFX software ...
    it’s a very clean machine and begin to regret updating from H. SIerra that everything worked fine..

- would you know how long will it take before this beta release reach the App Store for Software update? Just like to believe that Apple is on the case...

8. iAssimilated macrumors newbie

iAssimilated

I have always wondered that as well.

9. chrlswtt macrumors newbie

I wish Apple would fix Boot Camp. It used to be seamless, booting back to macOS from Windows. Now, you need to use the option key at startup and then remember to reselect your boot drive, once you're back in macOS, it's become a bit of a chore.

10. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

Anyone running this beta on MacBook Air, 2017, would you kindly confirm if plugging/ unplugging the charger disconnects your active download in Safari? I have reinstalled the beta three times, and all times I end up with the same issue, this is not happening with 10.14.2 release.

I have reported a bug.

11. ivan_k Contributor

ivan_k

And I am in the process of returning my maxed out 2018 MacBook Pro 13”, since its been crashing since day one. It was already sent to repairs once when at one point it just froze and could not boot at all (I tried to reset pretty much everything with no luck) and that did not help ... I am now experiencing crashes again on macOS 10.14.2 (clean install) and all I want is to get rid of this engineering failure. Having to deal with “great” Apple customer service now through my attourney since apparently after half a year of headacke with the $5000+ notebook, sending it once to repairs already I am suppose to help to find out whats wrong with it and I am not able to simply return this failure of a product...

Hopefully 10.14.13 actually fixes something.

12. Jack Neill macrumors regular

Jack Neill

10.14.2 has been so rock solid for me. I love how it can only get better. The iOS 12/Mojave cycle has been a real step forward for Apple software quality, in my opinion of course.

13. BigBoy2018 macrumors regular

BigBoy2018

Two sides of the coin. I tend to think most problems are with incompatible software and maybe just bad luck.

I won't dive into Mojave until either it's fully mature (10.14.6 or so) or I buy I new computer and it's my only option. My partition with a test bed Mojave install so far is running fine though, but I haven't done much with it.

14. ivan_k Contributor

ivan_k

It is rock solid for me on 2016 MacBook Pro 13 and 2013 MacBook Pro 15. 2018 MacBook Pro 13 on another side runs like crap from day one. I am sure it is the T2 chip hardware/software/firmware related issue.

15. BigBoy2018, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019

BigBoy2018 macrumors regular

BigBoy2018

Yea, that friggin’ T2 is a nightmare waiting to happen imo. Sometimes I wish apple would just leave well enough alone and not add extra complexity and (imo) unecessary securty that simply makes configuring and maintaining my computer that much more difficult and problematic.

16. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

I personally feel they got arrogantly complacent with us on the T2. They know we will buy, no matter what they do. It is not easy to think they would do this, but with the kind of issues people seem to have, there seems to be little else to think.

I'd like to know if the Air also has the T2 and how are people finding it.

17. iAssimilated, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019

iAssimilated macrumors newbie

iAssimilated

The new Macbook Air does include a T2 chip. https://www.apple.com/macbook-air/

My 2018 mini has the T2 chip as well, but I have had no issues with it using Mojave.

As for Mojave, it has been rock solid on both my personal minis as well as my work mac pro 2012 and macbook air 2014.

18. BigBoy2018, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019 at 11:00 AM

BigBoy2018 macrumors regular

BigBoy2018

I have no doubt it will be 'rock solid' for almost everyone. The issue is, when the time comes you want to replace or upgrade the storage drive in any of the T2 chip equipped macs, you can pretty much forget about it and just get a new motherboard or replace the computer entirely.

I fix Macs as a hobby. And I can't tell you how many Macs I've got running again for several years just but swapping out the faulty storage drive (ssd or hdd).

That will no longer be possible with 'T' chip equipped Macs, which is disappointing to say the least.

19. jfischer macrumors regular

I have a brand-new Air with the TouchID, so I presume it has the T2. So far it's been working fine. Had one or two WiFi disconnects with it over the first few weeks but other than that it's been solid. Upgraded from an OG 12" MacBook, so for me the Air is a huge upgrade as well as far as speed.

20. lec0rsaire macrumors 65816

Every Mac going forward will have the T2 or rather Tx going forward to control several components in addition to TouchID and probably FaceID in the future.

Perhaps they should’ve kept Tx functionality limited to TouchID like with the T1 in the 2016-2017 MacBook Pros but what can we do. It’s just not up to us.

While I think FaceID would be great to unlock the computer, I still think TouchID is the better solution for passwords and Apple Pay.

Since FaceID is instant, it doesn’t give you time to cancel or change your mind when making a purchase or modifying protected system files for example.

As for Mojave, it’s been rock solid for me as well on 2016 15” MacBook Pro. Honestly every OS I’ve had on this machine has been fine with the exception of the first couple of High Sierra releases and even then it was more of an annoyance with some error messages in the console like “month 13.”