Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming tvOS 15.5 update to developers for testing purposes, with the software coming one week after the release of the third beta.

Apple-TV-tvOS-15-Feature.jpg

Developers can download the new tvOS 15.5 beta by downloading a profile onto the ‌Apple TV‌ using Xcode.

tvOS updates are typically minor in scale, focusing primarily on under-the-hood bug fixes and improvements rather than major outward-facing changes.

Though we don't often know what's new in tvOS during the beta testing process, we let MacRumors readers know when new updates are available so those who are developers can download it upon release.

As of now, we have not found new features in tvOS 15.5 and there's no word on what might be in the update beyond bug fixes and under-the-hood performance improvements.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of tvOS 15.5 to Developers

PsykX

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2006
tvOS is so slow on the latest hardware.
It's faster on the previous Gen from my experience.

Shameful. I really wish Apple did something about it...

• Sad
Reactions: sorgo

Realityck

macrumors 603
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
tvOS is so slow on the latest hardware.
It's faster on the previous Gen from my experience.

Shameful. I really wish Apple did something about it...
You might want to look at how your wifi speeds are? 802.11AC should be giving you decent speeds from your router.

PsykX

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2006
You might want to look at how your wifi speeds are? 802.11AC should be giving you decent speeds from your router.

It's plugged in directly with an Ethernet cable. I have 120 Mbps.

Otherwise I would have a Wi-Fi 6 router sitting right next to it.

But I was generally talking about the interface.

B/D

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2016
HomePod sounding extra-magical on this version. ?
@sorgo

15.4 was a huge improvement to me on my original homepods, much better clarity, presence and midrange.

Are you saying that 15.5 refines the sound signature even further?

Dont get me too excited!. :D

• Love
Reactions: sorgo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.