Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming watchOS 10.5 update to developers for testing purposes, with the beta coming a week after the release of the third beta.

Apple-Watch-Faces-watchOS-10-Feature-Blue.jpg

To install the ‌watchOS 10.5 update, developers need to open the Apple Watch app, go to the Software Update section under "General" in Settings, and toggle on the watchOS 10 Developer Beta. An Apple ID linked to a developer account is required.

Once beta updates have been activated, watchOS 10.5 can be downloaded under the same Software Update section. To install software, an Apple Watch needs to have 50 percent battery life and it must be placed on an Apple Watch charger.

We don't yet know what's included in watchOS 10.5, and there were no new features found in the first three beta updates.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of watchOS 10.5 to Developers

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
We don't yet know what's included in watchOS 10.5, and there were no new features found in the first three beta updates.
I’ve been quite happy with the battery life in 10.4.1, best in all 10. Releases on my Ultra 2 and I don’t experience any bugs… except, I’d wish I could disable widgets as I consider the useless for me

Reactions: xDKP

jeffyen

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2023
I'm just wondering if anyone has a bug with Ultra 1's Workout>outdoor running. Have been experiencing this for a year already and put in multiple bug reports. Essentially the elevation will be correct but after half to an hour of running it will consistently not function and the numbers will move up and down quickly, +- say 30m. Super strange.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I’ve been quite happy with the battery life in 10.4.1, best in all 10. Releases on my Ultra 2 and I don’t experience any bugs… except, I’d wish I could disable widgets as I consider the useless for me
Same here - one of the most useless add-ons in a long time.

Also "No new features in 10.5" is a pretty sad state of the WatchOS to have a .X update without a single new feature! Back in the day .X had features and if it was just bug fixes it was a .XX update

Reactions: jz0309

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
Unfortunately for me my battery life is not as good as previous 10 iterations. And I've been experiencing complication and music bugs on top of it.

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
I'm just wondering if anyone has a bug with Ultra 1's Workout>outdoor running. Have been experiencing this for a year already and put in multiple bug reports. Essentially the elevation will be correct but after half to an hour of running it will consistently not function and the numbers will move up and down quickly, +- say 30m. Super strange.
I definitely have depending on where I run and the same applies to outdoor biking too.

I will run on the beach on hard packed sand at low tide. Its usually pretty accurate then. However, if I run around high buildings then the the elevation bounces around. For clarity, I run on a boardwalk parallel to the beach. There is no elevation change but my watch will show up to 20 feet of elevation change and it seems to always be around three of the taller buildings. This is also where my path goes wonky too.

My outdoor biking is done on a path that takes me over three bridges. The same bike route will show my elevation over those bridges off by 30-ish feet.

The only think I can think is that the elevation above sea level is tied to the tide level too but that would only account for about 5-6 feet by me.

centauratlas

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Florida
My AW Ultra 2 batter went from lasting 2.5 days to not even 12 hours with the latest non beta version. So I’ve had the opposite as some of you above. I’m debating installing the beta to see if it helps.

Reactions: GoldenChild

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
My AW Ultra 2 batter went from lasting 2.5 days to not even 12 hours with the latest non beta version. So I’ve had the opposite as some of you above. I’m debating installing the beta to see if it helps.
Same here for battery depletion, was fully charged this morning by 5am, now 8 hours later battery already down to 46%, no always on, no apps running etc....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.