Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming watchOS 8.3 beta to developers for testing purposes, with the new software coming two weeks after the launch of the third beta and a month after the release of watchOS 8.1.

watchOS-8-on-Apple-Watch-feature.jpg

To install ‌‌‌watchOS 8‌‌‌.3, developers will need to download the configuration profile from the Apple Developer Center. Once installed, ‌‌‌watchOS 8.3‌‌‌ can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software update.

To update to new software, an Apple Watch needs to have 50 percent battery life, it must be placed on the charger, and it needs to be in range of the ‌‌‌iPhone‌‌‌.

No new features were found in the first three betas of watchOS 8.3, so we don't yet know what's included in the update.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of watchOS 8.3 to Developers

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
Does anyone have issues with using Siri with group text (conversation names)? For example, I want to text a group called "Family" or something like that via Siri on the watch. Works fine on iPhone but not on Apple Watch via Siri. Has been a problem since 8.x for me. Using AW7.

Strangely doesn't seem to be a problem with my wife's AW4 running watchOS 8.

Just dipped my notes into the 8.3 betas and same issue.... driving me batty. I set my watch up as new and still happens so feels like it something up with my iMessage setup that comes across to my watch.

Last edited:

Key Caps

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2020
I don't suppose there's any chance that this will restore the ability to select Airplay 1 devices using the Now Playing app.

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
Please fix battery drainage on AW5/6. I have to recharge 2x to 3x a day since updating to 8.
I now get around 24 hours before I am down to 10%, previously I was getting around 32-34 hours until I got the same level of discharge.

And yes, I have done the usual setting it up again routine. No difference. WatchOS 8 is hammering my battery compared to WatchOS 7 (Apple Watch 5 here, for reference).

nph

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2005
I have the same issue with 8.1. Really hope they fix battery in 8.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.