MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of iOS 8.3 to developers, nearly two weeks after seeding the third iOS 8.3 beta and more than a month and a half after releasing the first iOS 8.3 beta. Today's beta is also available for public beta testers.

The beta, build 12F61, is available as an over-the-air download and through the iOS Developer Center. Apple has also released Xcode 6.3 beta 4.

ios83beta4.jpg
Previous iOS 8.3 betas have included features like a new emoji picker and all new diversified emoji and skin tone modifiers, new country flag emoji and updated emoji icons to represent the iPhone, iMac, and Apple Watch.

Along with those emoji changes, iOS 8.3 brings wireless CarPlay connectivity, support for Google 2-step verification, Apple Pay for the China UnionPay network, several new Siri languages, filters for Messages, a UI change for the space bar in Safari, and more. We've been tracking all the iOS 8.3 changes in our iOS 8 Features Roundup.

What's new in iOS 8.3 beta 4:

iCloud Photo Library - iCloud Photo Library's beta label has been removed again. It has been removed and re-added in past iOS 8.3 betas, so it is not clear whether the service will be out of beta when iOS 8.3 launches.

Messages filtering - An earlier beta introduced filtering in Messages, allowing users to separate messages received from friends and those received from strangers into two categories. In beta 4, the category for iMessages sent from those who are not in a user's contact list has been renamed to "Unknown Sender."

unknownsendermessages.jpg

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth iOS 8.3 Beta to Developers, Second Beta to Public Beta Testers

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Installing now. Hope it continues to be as good as the previous version of 8.3

Comment

mungo2k

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
There's also a new Yosemite Recovery partition with this update.

EDIT: That's the 10.10.3 beta, not this. Sorry.

Comment

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
GOD i can't WAIT until the day comes where "emoji skin tone modifiers" isn't a selling point of iOS, what are we doing america?!

Comment

illusionmist

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2013
“Public” beta... Signed up when the last one came out already but still unable to get in even now.

Comment

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps even some additional new features? (Although fixing existing bugs and improving stability and performance would be even better overall.)

Comment

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Wasn't CarPlay introduced in 7.1? I know it says "wireless connectivity" but wasn't that part of 7.1 as well?

Comment

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
nothing new so far in this release, so I assume just cleaning up before the big party. Anyone notice anything yet?

Comment

omro

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2010
How do you sign up for the public beta? Everytime I go to the beta page, all I see are the yosemite betas.

Comment

Stickharuhi

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
Apple please add file explorer for iOS!!!
In the settings menu by privacy. You can choose to get that app access.

Comment

champinhon

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2013
Am I the only one that doesn't have the option to download this from appleseed. I login and only OS X is available. frustrating....

Comment

yanksmc7

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
Am I the only one that doesn't have the option to download this from appleseed. I login and only OS X is available. frustrating....

I've been signed up since the first day it became available for OS X and I have yet to receive an invite or a seed for the iOS public beta program. VERY annoying :mad:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.