Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the release candidate versions of upcoming iOS 17.5 and iPadOS 17.5 updates to developers for testing purposes, with the software coming a week after Apple released the fourth betas.

iOS-17.5-Feature-Orange.jpg

Registered developers are able to opt into the betas by opening up the Settings app, going to the Software Update section, tapping on the "Beta Updates" option, and toggling on the iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 Developer Beta. An Apple ID associated with a developer account is required to download and install the beta. Apple has also released an RC version of iOS 16.7.8 for devices that are unable to run iOS 17.

Most of the features that Apple promised would be coming in iOS 17 have now been released, but iOS 17.5 adds additional app ecosystem changes in the European Union. App developers can offer apps for download on the iPhone directly from their websites, in addition to through app marketplaces.

There are also code changes that hint at new Apple Pencils and a Battery Health feature for the iPad, with more information on what's new available in our iOS 17.5 beta features post.

Article Link: Apple Seeds iOS 17.5 and iPadOS 17.5 Release Candidates to Developers

Last edited:

mr.vince

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2022
Still showing beta 4… ?

EDIT: 5 mins later… RC. Strange. Nevermind.

Octavius8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2016
Any one knows if the chronograph live activity will be included in the final version?

ypl

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2022
Hopefully this somehow fixes my iPhone 15 Plus draining 20 % with „find my“ over night, even after a complete reset on 17.4.1
It's been happening to me randomly for a few years. I wouldn't count on Apple to fix it.
BTW, I wouldn't blame FindMy. It shows in battery stats as the only app only because you do not use any other app. Try to use any app even for 1-2 minutes and stats for FindMy will drop to some insignifcant %. It show during daytime active use as well but usually its 1%. I think it's something deeper in the os (kernel process, idk).
Ofc, I hope I'm wrong and the problem will be fixed.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
I'm tempted to upgrade from iOS 16.7 [iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max] but I'll just wait and see the reaction from upgraders/updaters regarding bugs/changes...
I didn't see a watch listed in your devices but if you have an Apple Watch running watchOS 9.6.3 or below on a recent watch model (i.e series 7, for example), you will lose connection between the watch and phone until you update the watch to watchOS 10.

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
Updated. Find My app now crashes when scrolling down a long list of devices (with Family Sharing).
Forgot to mention, device is iPad Pro 10.5”.

Dieu

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010

Apple today seeded the release candidate versions of upcoming iOS 17.5 and iPadOS 17.5 updates to developers for testing purposes, with the software coming a week after Apple released the fourth betas.

iOS-17.5-Feature-Orange.jpg

Registered developers are able to opt into the betas by opening up the Settings app, going to the Software Update section, tapping on the "Beta Updates" option, and toggling on the iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 Developer Beta. An Apple ID associated with a developer account is required to download and install the beta. Apple has also released an RC version of iOS 16.7.8 for devices that are unable to run iOS 17.

Most of the features that Apple promised would be coming in iOS 17 have now been released, but iOS 17.5 adds additional app ecosystem changes in the European Union. App developers can offer apps for download on the iPhone directly from their websites, in addition to through app marketplaces.

There are also code changes that hint at new Apple Pencils and a Battery Health feature for the iPad, with more information on what's new available in our iOS 17.5 beta features post.

Article Link: Apple Seeds iOS 17.5 and iPadOS 17.5 Release Candidates to Developers
On top of the update list is a “Pride Radiance wallpaper!” What would Apple do if Samsung no longer designed mobile devices? Apple would be stuck to innovate on its own. Apple stock falling nearly 11% in the first quarter of 2024 and the complete failure of Apple Vision Pro are examples of a drifting company. Politics and manipulation are the contributing factors of apples struggles.

LouisPiper

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2021
On top of the update list is a “Pride Radiance wallpaper!” What would Apple do if Samsung no longer designed mobile devices? Apple would be stuck to innovate on its own. Apple stock falling nearly 11% in the first quarter of 2024 and the complete failure of Apple Vision Pro are examples of a drifting company. Politics and manipulation are the contributing factors of apples struggles.
I can assure you there is no correlation between stock price and wallpapers in iOS releases. Please go touch some grass.

Reactions: CouldBeWorse
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.