Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

DeadEye686

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2003
61
0
Austin
Wow - only one known remaining bug? That's pretty impressive. I would have assumed that they would have rolled out 4.1 pretty fast to take care of the nastier bugs and leave the smaller ones for the next point update, but I guess not. :D
 
Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,568
0
Apple really seems to be on top of the situation with the upcoming release of 10.4.1. Hopefully fixing this one remaining bug won't cause other bugs.
 
Comment

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
1,619
20
good stuff. hope it comes soon. i hope it will fix my general instability problems (and no i dont have any hacks running! :))
 
Comment

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
2,425
0
Montana
Not exactly news; 8B15 was seeded on the 11th and reported in the forums on the 12th. Personally, I'd like to see them squash one more batch of bugs before they release 10.4.1, say towards the end of this coming week.
 
Comment

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
12,109
76
Solon, OH
I don't seem to be affected by the bug syncing Address Book with .Mac. I only hope that 10.4.1 doesn't make me experience the bug.
 
Comment

Dr.Gargoyle

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2004
1,253
0
lat: 55.7222°N, long: 13.1971°E
daveL said:
Not exactly news; 8B15 was seeded on the 11th and reported in the forums on the 12th. Personally, I'd like to see them squash one more batch of bugs before they release 10.4.1, say towards the end of this coming week.
Wasn't that 8B13? I have no idea what either stands for so please excuse my ignorance. :p
 
Comment

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
2,425
0
Montana
Dr.Gargoyle said:
My misstake, sorry. I wonder when they will release 10.4.1. It has been a while now since the GM was set, so they should have had enough time to fix most of the major bugs.
I expect it this coming week.
 
Comment

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
38,586
5,101
Los Angeles
Some users have been waiting for the first 10.4 patch release before buying or installing Tiger. This gives a little more assurance that Tiger's "new version jitters" have been settled.
 
Comment

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
3,226
4,213
swissmann said:
I'm anxious to get it. Hope it comes soon.

I too am anxious, but given how rushed Tiger was and obviously needed another couple of months of bug fixing, I am willing to wait and hope Apple gives us a sizable set of bug fixes in .1.

I am worried about the size of .1 and the "few dozen bug fixes." The shipping version needs a lot more fixing than that.

But I remain ever hopeful.
 
Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,568
0
This week would be nice for the release of 10.4.1. Willing to wait so that the update is done correctly. If it doesn't come out this week then really will be talking about near the end of the month.
 
Comment

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
2,265
0
Better order Tiger now so that when the 4.1 update is out, I will be ready...:D
 
Comment

dvdiva

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2005
66
0
wow that was fast - getting it now bet the servers get hammered soon. Also can these patches be off line so if I do a reinstall I dont have to go online?
 
Comment

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
12,109
76
Solon, OH
dvdiva said:
wow that was fast - getting it now bet the servers get hammered soon. Also can these patches be off line so if I do a reinstall I dont have to go online?
Just download it from Apple's downloads page. You can install it any time you need to after you've done that. Alternatively, you can opt to "Install and Keep Package" when getting it from Software Update.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.