Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

According to published reports on the internet, for the third week in a row, Apple has seeded another build of Mac OS X 10.4.9 to developers. The newest seed build number is 8P2122 and comes in at 164.4 MB (Intel) and 70.3 MB (PPC). Unlike the last seed, this version has three known issues listed.

These items include stability issues with Wacom v600-3 drivers, iMovie and Entourage. Meanwhile, Apple itemizes a number of bug fixes with OpenGL, USB, File Manager, CoreAudio and CoreImage.

The accelerated frequency of 10.4.9 seeds to developers suggests an imminent release. The last public update to Mac OS X 10.4 was issued September 29th 2006.

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
Im STILL waiting for a fix with the audio on my ibook. It keeps going to the left speaker with itunes. I have to go into the audio settings in the system pref pannle and put it back to the middle.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
Im STILL waiting for a fix with the audio on my ibook. It keeps going to the left speaker with itunes. I have to go into the audio settings in the system pref pannle and put it back to the middle.

That happened for so long on my old iBook too. Never could work out what the hell was going on.

Doesn't happen on the MacBook if you're after an excuse to get one of those…

slate1

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
I just wish they would fix the bug where some of the "Energy Saver" settings completly reset themselves on the Intel iMac upon restart (i.e. the "dim display" setting). I can't believe they haven't addressed that yet.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I just wish they would fix the bug where some of the "Energy Saver" settings completly reset themselves on the Intel iMac upon restart (i.e. the "dim display" setting). I can't believe they haven't addressed that yet.

I dont have that problem.what kind of Intel iMac do you have ?

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK

Yeah, this bugs the **** out of me too. I'm running an iBook G4 w/ 10.4.8. No joy yet... :mad:

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006

My Macbook has that too. I can't make the display to be fully bright for more than a minute when idle. I'd love to have the display just go off after 5 minutes, or gradually fade to off after 5 minutes...

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
and i hope that it resolves the lack of USB2 on the G3 iMac i have sitting in the corner of the room...

[/SARCASM]

chubad

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Frozen Wasteland
iLife 07 will be built in to Leopard ;)

I totally agree. If you watched the WWDC State of OS X podcast the Leopard core animation segment featured browsing for photos as an example. Hmmmm. What app does that? Also Keynote is a natural for core animation. If Apple announced iLife 07 with Leopard they would have 9 months at best before iLife 08. Vista ships with a suite of apps for media. (Probably crappy ones!). But it would make sense for Apple to bundle BOTH iLife and iWork with Leopard and charge $159-169 instead of $139. The increased sales (one for each upgrade) will more than make up for the price decrease.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.