Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.7 Build 10J858 to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple today seeded a new version of Mac OS X 10.6.7, termed Build 10J858, to developers for testing. The update comes one week after the company pushed Build 10J855 to developers and has grown in size by a little over 20 MB to bring the delta update to 434.4 MB.

According to those familiar with the new build, Apple has added Safari to the list of areas in which developers are asked to concentrate their testing, joining Mac App Store, AirPort, Bonjour, SMB, and Graphics Drivers that had been included in previous builds. Once again, no known issues are listed in the documentation.

We still do not have an estimated target date for the public release of Mac OS X 10.6.7, as Apple's development cycles can be very unpredictable. This new build marks the fifth version of Mac OS X 10.6.7 to make its way into developers' hands since seeding began nearly one month ago.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.7 Build 10J858 to Developers

RichardBeer

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2009
England
I'm really glad to see that graphics drivers are a part of this upcoming update. 3D performance in OS X is one of the key areas that I personally want to see an improvement in.

Comment

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
I'm more concerned with the graphics card drivers. Hopefully there will be a good improvement in them, as there not that good now lol. Also, if they can fix the safari 5 slowness, i might switch back

Comment

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
2 builds of OSX in 14 days...we're 17 days after beta 3 with no GM for iOS 4.3!! :eek:

Comment

-AG-

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2010
Austalia
I would love for them to fix an issue that has been around since 10.5.5.

mail.app - Notification and sound when receiving new mail when using imap folders.

Currently it only notifies when mail is in the inbox only.

It should be notify on ANY new mail.

Comment

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
I would love for them to fix an issue that has been around since 10.5.5.

mail.app - Notification and sound when receiving new mail when using imap folders.

Currently it only notifies when mail is in the inbox only.

It should be notify on ANY new mail.
that would be nice

Seeded? Sowed? Sown?
sed

Comment

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Can't run 10.6, ergo do not care.
Seriously?

Why do you even open the thread then and make a post about this?

As for the new seed, I wonder why Safari was added to the new update. Safari should be getting a major update soon.

Comment

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
I can only guess this will, once more, forego OpenGL 3. I can only assume by the time it gets here in 10.7 or 10.8, Windows will be on OpenGL 5.:mad:

Comment

j-a-x

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
Glad to hear they're still working on Snow Leopard updates. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Lion though.

Comment

Jacquesass

macrumors regular
May 6, 2003
IF you were a developer...
AND you had access to this seed...
AND you installed it on a Mac in your possession...
AND you ran OpenGL Extensions Viewer...

WE would really like to know if there is improved OpenGL support...
AND you would be pretty awesome.

Comment

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Can i see this is Apple's response to upcoming Windows 7 SP1? Windows 7 just purely awesome, with SP1, Windows is even more secure and faster. This is why i switched back from Mac to Windows (actually i am using Windows all the time all along). Eh... don't really care about 10.6.7 or upcoming Lion... Not gonna use Mac anymore.

Sent from my laptop using Windows 7.
Cheers.
Windows Lover and Apple Hater.

Comment

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
has anyone found strings related to a new mac?
It would not make sense to include SB-related updates in this update, because no developer (Intel excluded) has a SB-based MBP or MP. I think Apple has already a SB-based version of Mac OS X 10.6.7, but most likely only in their RTM-environment.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.