Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS Sierra 10.12.6 update to developers, two weeks after seeding the first 10.12.6 beta and a little over two weeks after introducing macOS Sierra 10.12.5, a minor bug fix update.

macOS Sierra 10.12.6 can be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center or through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

10.12.6-beta-800x500.jpg

No significant features or notable bug fixes were found in the first macOS Sierra 10.12.6 beta, and because Apple does not provide beta release notes, we may not know what's included in the update until it sees a public release.

macOS Sierra 10.12.6 is likely to be one of the final updates to the Sierra operating system as Apple transitions to macOS 10.13, which will be introduced at the Worldwide Developers Conference in June.

Update: Apple has also seeded a second macOS Sierra 10.12.6 public beta for its public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.6 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
Complaints worked. The MacOS beta news moved to the Mac blog, while iOS betas remain at the main page. I thought there was no 10.12.6 beta news, but then remembered the complaints, and voila, found it here.

photophanatic

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2017
So when is the fix for the LG 4K monitor vis-à-vis the 2016 MacBook Pro going to happen? We’ve only been waiting for six months for Apple to fix the wake-up-from-sleep problem and system crashing problem associated with this monitor.

hussainh1

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Seriously it's pretty ridiculous
So when is the fix for the LG 4K monitor vis-à-vis the 2016 MacBook Pro going to happen? We’ve only been waiting for six months for Apple to fix the wake-up-from-sleep problem and system crashing problem associated with this monitor.

nvmls

Suspended
Mar 31, 2011

Maybe 2019, they had to finish carpool karaoke first, you know, profit priorities, also Tim says thanks for the support!

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
Pretty safe odds that they'll go with OS 11 next week, along with iOS 11. I suspect that's part of the reason why they made the mac OS change in the first place.

Reactions: Jayderek

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Next week would be their chance to make macOS 11 alongside iOS 11 - seems like a good time to make that naming switch.
Unless macOS 11 would be a major generation shift from the previous versions of the system (like MacOS X was a major shift from the previous Mac OS versions), I don't see that happen. It would also be illogical: at the moment, we already have the 12th version of the current generation of the Mac operating system, with the 13th coming up. Why should we suddenly go back to macOS version 11?

If anything, it would make much more sense to simply drop the "10." and call the next version macOS 13.

Caesar_091

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2005
Italy
Unless macOS 11 would be a major generation shift from the previous versions of the system (like MacOS X was a major shift from the previous Mac OS versions), I don't see that happen. It would also be illogical: at the moment, we already have the 12th version of the current generation of the Mac operating system, with the 13th coming up. Why should we suddenly go back to macOS version 11?

If anything, it would make much more sense to simply drop the "10." and call the next version macOS 13.

I agree... and I bet that in the future they will try to release one single OS with the same name for all Apple stuff (different builds)... way too close to M$ :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.