Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
That may explain it, I don't use Safari very often so it may have something to do with Safari and/or OS X's equivalent/implementation of WebView.

I remember a while ago having cursor issues with Flash being loaded on the page where it would disappear and I'd have to switch windows or something to get it back. You might want to see if temporarily disabling Flash improves the issue for you (or set it as click-to-load).

Edit: Woo Office update, that (hopefully) fixes my cursor issues at least.

As an aside, I should mention that I had a Java based chat room running at the time, perhaps that's relevant. Typically navigating away from the window where the cursor is invisible to the desktop itself restores it and it will behave normally after the incident. The cursor, though invisible, is still hot. I can see where it activates hot links, just not the cursor itself.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Does this fix the password bug where every so often the login password prompt won't show when unlocking mac book pro (retina 13inch 2013, not sure about other models) from sleep sending you straight to the desktop instead.
Thanks

Last edited:

Scyanide

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Melbourne, FL
I just upgraded to this 13D38 on a Mac guest in Parallels Desktop and after reboot comes up with a black screen. Can't find a workaround. Will report to Parallels. I guess they need to update the Parallels Tools.

Yes. I did this too in parallels and got a black screen of death. So I deleted the borked virtual machine.

I had an older backup of a parallels virtual machine of some build of 10.9.2 (can't remember which - doesn't matter).

I imported this to vmware fusion 6.0.2 and successfully updated it to 10.9.3 build 13D38.

You two are not alone. I was getting a black screen with this build. Had to revert to a previous snapshot. The previous build worked fine so curious what they actually changed to cause Parallels to bork like that.

WallToWallMacs

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
Does this fix the password bug where every so often the login password prompt won't show when unlocking mac book pro (retina 13inch 2013, not sure about other models) from sleep sending you straight to the desktop instead.
Thanks

Have you checked the setting in 'System Preferences' so that 'immediately' is selected?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
You two are not alone. I was getting a black screen with this build. Had to revert to a previous snapshot. The previous build worked fine so curious what they actually changed to cause Parallels to bork like that.

You could try it in vmware fusion instead. I found that build 13D38 works better in this than in parallels.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Have you checked the setting in 'System Preferences' so that 'immediately' is selected?

Thanks for your feedback, I have checked all the necessary settings but this seems to be an osx mavericks bug, not sure if that came about with 10.9.2 or even earlier. Mine is set to show password after 5 min. There are other forum posts on this topic such as this
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1685185/

Thanks again

emporiky

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
Has anyone noticed any UI performance improvement with late 2012 rMPB with HD 4000 :) ? 10.9.2 was significantly better, but still there is occasional lag, which I hope would be resolved with 10.9.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.