Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the release candidate version of an upcoming watchOS 10.2 update to developers for testing purposes, with the update coming a week after Apple seeded the fourth watchOS 10.2 beta.

Apple-Watch-Faces-watchOS-10-Feature-Blue.jpg

To install the ‌watchOS 10.2‌ update, developers will need to open the Apple Watch app, go to the Software Update section under "General" in Settings, and toggle on the ‌watchOS 10‌ Developer Beta. An Apple ID linked to a developer account is required.

Once beta updates have been activated, ‌watchOS 10‌ can be downloaded under the same Software Update section. To install software, an Apple Watch needs to have 50 percent battery life and it must be placed on an Apple Watch charger.

watchOS 10.2 adds support accessing Health app data using Siri, though this feature is limited to the newest Apple Watches. The update also reintroduces an option to change watch faces by swiping left and right, along with a handful of other new features. Apple's release notes for the update are below.
watchOS 10.2 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:

- Access and log Health app data with Siri (Available on Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2)
- Automatically view Now Playing when in proximity of HomePod (2nd generation) or HomePod mini playing media from Music or Podcasts (Available on - Apple Watch Series 6 and later and Apple Watch Ultra)
- Enable the ability to swipe to change watch faces in Settings
- Enable the ability to confirm ending workouts in Settings
- Prioritize the volume of either the music or trainers’ voices in most Fitness+ workouts
- Resolves an issue that can cause watch faces added in the Watch app on iPhone to not appear on Apple Watch
Apple is expected to release watchOS 10.2 to the public next week.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Release Candidate Version of watchOS 10.2 to Developers

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I hope it's better than Beta 4! I noticed that the weather app seems to not misinterpret the 24 hour clock and shows AM hours for PM and PM hours for AM. Seems like something that someone should have noticed.

Moriakum

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2022
WTF happened to the Weather app? I can’t see the weather forecast for the next hours and days. It just shows the current forecast, nothing more.

Reactions: Carrotcruncher

Carrotcruncher

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2019
So logging health data with Siri is locked down to latest models? So sick of apple’s shenanigans.
Me too I'm absolutely sick of this kind of stuff with them this is why I don't buy any products because the moment you buy one it's immediately out of date there's no point in upgrading because it'll be out of date within a few months and then they'll release a new set of functions which only works on the latest watch they released just stay on the oldest that you can cause there's no point in buying apple products because there are immediately out of date!

• Haha
Reactions: TiggrToo

Carrotcruncher

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2019
This is likely a privacy thing - Only the S9 and Ultra 2 have on device Siri processing to be able to do this without sending what could be very personal data up to the cloud.
If this is true then what you're saying is that using Siri doesn't aggregate data and that any data can be read no matter where it's come from this means that Apple's privacy claims on Siri completely untrue !

Carrotcruncher

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2019
I can’t see any improvement to my AW S7
Because there isn't
My brand new S9 can't even get close to a whole day's use. Baffling to me that this hasn't been addressed with more of a sense of urgency.
try turning off background refresh all the crap you're probably find it gets longer battery then I turned off background refresh for pretty much everything apart from the essentials it just sucks the battery life right out of stuff also turn the display down to the lowest brightness you don't need it up full !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.