Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the release candidate versions of new iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates to developers and public beta testers for testing purposes, one week after seeding the fifth iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates.

14.7-on-iPhone-12-feature.jpg

iOS and iPadOS 14.7 can be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center or over the air after the proper profile has been installed on an iPhone or iPad.

According to Apple's release notes, iOS 14.7 adds support for the newly introduced MagSafe Battery Pack in addition to adding shared credit limits for the Apple Card Family feature.

Apple in iOS 14.7 expands the Air Quality Index feature to additional countries that include the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, and Canada. When paired with the accompanying HomePod 14.7 software, iOS 14.7 will allow the Home app to manage timers on a HomePod or a HomePod mini. Full release notes for the update are below:
iOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone:
- MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
- Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
- Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
- Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
- Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
- Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
- Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
- Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages
The iOS 14.7 update also addresses a bug that caused the iPhone's WiFi to stop functioning if connected to a WiFi network that was named "%p%s%s%s%s%n." Connecting to a network with this name could seriously impact the iPhone's functionality, but it isn't an issue after installing iOS 14.7.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Release Candidate Versions of iOS and iPadOS 14.7 to Developers

Last edited:

NervousFish2

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2014
Battery drain on ios14.6 is so bad, that I'm walking with a powerbank for the first time with my iphone xs max. I hope 14.7 solves this issue.
And no, I don't want to restore from scratch.
Would that even work tho? Restoring from scratch? If I knew that it would, I might pull the trigger and just do it. My battery drain has been nuts. I chalk it up mostly to the podcasts app.

• Sad
Reactions: Babygotfont

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
Huh. Still waiting on iOS 15 beta 3 to drop. Beta 2 has picked up some weird glitches like safari freezing entirely, and this weird inconsistent haptic tick despite haptics being turned off.

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

Baritone_Guy

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2021
It’s a shame that they have to rely on an OS update to deliver features to apps. For example why couldn’t they just update wallet or Apple Pay to deliver the sharing.

The same for things like maps.

Mustafa.

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2021
Would that even work tho? Restoring from scratch? If I knew that it would, I might pull the trigger and just do it. My battery drain has been nuts. I chalk it up mostly to the podcasts app.
No issues Mine battery has been a lot better with 14.7. İ had the same problem with 14.6.

• Love
Reactions: NervousFish2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.