Apple Seeds Revised Third Developer Beta of macOS Mojave With Feedback Assistant Crash Fix

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 11, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

One week after Apple seeded the third beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave update to developers, Apple last night released a revised update for the software, fixing an issue where Feedback Assistant would unexpectedly quit for some users.

[​IMG]

Apple appears to already have fixed the issue ahead of the second public beta release for macOS Mojave, which hit last Friday, and is now issuing the fix to developers newly downloading the update. Additionally, Apple is offering the revised version to developers who previously installed the original third beta version of macOS Mojave.

The Feedback Assistant app comes built-in with iOS and macOS beta programs, and allows public testers and developers to submit bugs and other problems with Apple's pre-release software in an effort to help ensure such issues don't affect public launches later in the year.

Apple announced macOS Mojave during WWDC this year, and the desktop software will see the introduction of a systemwide Dark Mode, Dynamic Desktops, Stacks, and a collection of ported iOS apps that will be available on Mac for the first time: Apple News, Stocks, Home, and Voice Memos.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Revised Third Developer Beta of macOS Mojave With Feedback Assistant Crash Fix

2. rosskinard macrumors newbie

I already had the original 3rd beta (build 18A326g) installed and the 18A326h update appeared for me, so it is being offered to developers who installed the original 3rd beta.

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

Apple does not appear to be offering the revised version to developers who previously installed the original third beta version of macOS Mojave.
    It is being offered when you check for updates, I’m installing it now.

4. TimmeyCook Suspended

TimmeyCook

Not worthy of the front page?

Then people complain about "no mac news".

5. earthTOmitchel Contributing Editor

earthTOmitchel

Staff Member

Thanks guys, we're seeing it now too. I updated to fix that wording.

6. ignatius345 macrumors 65816

I don't really understand why all the news is spread out among all these sections in the first place.

If you look at MacRumors in Apple News, one of the feeds is just "all stories" which to me makes the most sense.

7. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Indeed..... watchOS updates get relegated to the sidebar, but Galaxy release speculation is main page news.

8. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

9. TMRJIJ, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018

TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

I wonder if some Developers submitted this bug report within the Feedback Assistant

10. adrianlondon macrumors 6502a

adrianlondon

11. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Hope they did more although doubtful, the first beta and second were one of the best beta's ever, I have plenty of spinning balls, crashes and high CPU usage on the third one.
    Just now I came back from my job, I had to change the network cable from the TV to the Mac mini, I felt hot air coming out of the Mini's fan and the Mini was warm to hot, kextd was the problem, sucking up lots of CPU time.

Might try a PRAM/SMC reset later and clearing cashes/safeboot.

12. Spidder macrumors member

First yes, but the second was only great for a couple of days, then some proccesses went haywire and made my system unusable. Seems like the first beta was an exception. I'm back on High Sierra now and will wait for the official release.

13. TimmeyCook Suspended

TimmeyCook

Feedback Assistant is useless, I feel.

I always submit to bugreport.apple.com

14. ignatius345 macrumors 65816

Same. I apparently never learn my lesson because I did this with both the Mojave and High Sierra betas: backed up my Mac, installed the beta, it broke a lot of stuff and worked badly because it's a beta -- and then I reverted to my backup.

This time, though, I was treated to this bit of fun before I reverted:

error: btn: invalid btn_btree.bt_key_count (7872575)
    fsroot tree is invalid.
    The volume /dev/rdisk1s1 could not be verified completely.
    Honestly can't say if it was beta-related, but I wiped the drive and reinstalled from my Time Machine backup just to be sure.

15. Guy Clark Suspended

Guy Clark

I believe the point is the content should be more Mac orientated given the name with less focus on iOS, iPhone, HomePod....