Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 10.3.2 to Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 11, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today provided its public beta testing group with the second beta of iOS 10.3.2, nearly two weeks after seeding the first iOS 10.3.2 beta and a day after releasing the second beta to developers. iOS 10.3.2 comes shortly after the release of iOS 10.3, a major update that brought features like a new Find My AirPods feature and Apple File System, and iOS 10.3.1, a minor security update.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 10.3.2 beta update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

[​IMG]

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and macOS Sierra betas. Betas are not stable and include many bugs, so they should be installed on a secondary device.

According to Apple's release notes, the iOS 10.3.2 update fixes SiriKit car commands, which should now be working as expected. Aside from the SiriKit fix, we don't know what other bug fixes and improvements are included, as nothing notable has been discovered in the betas we've received so far.

As a minor 10.x.x update, iOS 10.3.2 likely focuses on bug fixes, performance improvements, and security enhancements rather than outward-facing features.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 10.3.2 to Public Beta Testers

2. celaurie, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017

celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Snappier... iPhone 7.

Build 14F5705a.

VPN issues resolved for me - using Privacy Pro.

Attached Files:

3. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

Ever since I installed 10.3.1 final, I've experienced significantly worse battery life on my iPhone 6 Plus - even compared to the earlier betas. I'm hoping 10.3.2 fixes that.

4. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

There's a 6S around here that's doing the same but I'm convinced it's because the battery is in a declining state not because of any significant changes in power usage.

5. Schmidt84 macrumors member

6. Zadigre macrumors regular

Zadigre

You mean 14F5075a correct?

7. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Dyscalculia...

8. dreadnort macrumors regular

I'm seeing worse battery with the .2 release

9. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Just a thought, have you checked battery health? There are loads of apps in the Store.

One of the 7s here is showing an 8% degradation which is a 4% drop since January.

10. themick4u macrumors 6502

themick4u

Battery life got a little better only after I hard-reset the phone (holding down the power and VOL down buttons) on my 7+..... Seems a few of the apps I use need updating to accommodate the high % of battery drain.

11. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Usually a bit too quick to get a good idea of it in less than a day.

12. dreadnort macrumors regular

Been on the developer beta for over week.

13. dreadnort macrumors regular

Will give the phone a reset at the weekend and see ho it goes, apps wise I don't have many however those i have seem to be getting updated daily (only feels like it i'm sure)

14. jschu22 macrumors regular

The one that came out on Monday, two days ago?

15. Kunalkba macrumors newbie

Kunalkba

--- Post Merged, Apr 12, 2017 ---
    the update had resolved the VPN issue... Now gets connected.... All third party VPN working good.

16. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

Every phone has battery drain......

17. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

10.3.2 beta 2 only barely came out 2 days ago for developers (and even that said, this thread is about the public beta that came out barely a day ago).

18. Schmidt84 macrumors member

Yeah. Byt
    But with 10.2 i went to bed with 40% now I have to Charge when I Get Home from work

19. dreadnort macrumors regular

correct this threads about the public beta but its still the .2 release.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 13, 2017 ---
    March 28th ish was the first 10.3.2 was seeded to developers. if i'm wrong im wrong but pretty sure this was the first update for 10.3.2 i received.

20. C DM, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017

C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

The thread is about beta 2 in particular, so in the context of this thread something that is brought up would be basically be seen in that context. To this moment there still hasn't been any mention of what was said being about beta 1 specifically, which would have certainly clarified things.

21. DesterWallaboo macrumors 6502a

DesterWallaboo

22. ConfusedChris macrumors regular

ConfusedChris

I'm confused by these reports of battery issues. Wouldn't a phone get noticeably warm/hot if it was draining the battery significantly faster than it should? And it seems to me after every minor update a noticeable number say their battery life has improved while some are saying the opposite.

23. Keirasplace macrumors 601

Batteries have about 700-800 full cycles before being substantially degraded. If your a heavy user and do one near full charge per day, then in 3.5 months you'd have about 100 at the maximum, so your number looks like a normal degradation from substantial use.

If your a lighter user and keep your battery in the 35-90% range most of the time, you could get 1200-1500 charge cycles before this substantial degradation. There are charts about depth of battery discharge cycles, temperature in various factor's impact on battery life.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 14, 2017 ---
    Every update leads to a lot of phone activity related to the update (apps, settings, etc) that drain the phone.
    One thing to check is if some settings have been reset or a new setting leads to new activity.
    Also, the beta update doesn't normally update your apps which may have so issues with the new software; that's for the third party software vendor to take care of.