Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming iOS 11.4.1 update to its public beta testing group, one week after releasing the first public beta and one day after seeding the beta to developers.

Beta testers who are members of Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 11.4.1 beta update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on an iOS device.

ios1141beta-800x457.jpg

Those who want to join the beta testing program can sign up on Apple's beta testing website, which gives users access to iOS, macOS, and tvOS betas. iOS betas are not always stable and should not be installed on a primary device.

There were no notable features discovered in iOS 11.4.1 in the first two developer betas, suggesting it focuses on bug fixes and other minor improvements.

iOS 11.4.1 will be one of the final updates to the iOS 11 operating system now that Apple is shifting its focus to iOS 12.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 11.4.1 to Public Beta Testers

yoavon1

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2018
Still no pride flag watch face in the Watch app......
I don't get it... Why are they doing it?
(yes, I have already logged an issue in the previous 11.4.1 Beta build and for this one. I also see it as a common complaint in other Beta forums)

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
(yes, I have already logged an issue in the previous 11.4.1 Beta build and for this one. I also see it as a common complaint in other Beta forums)

American pride?

Last edited by a moderator:

nickp85

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2016
I'll tell you what they "fixed" in this release... Exchange push mail is broken beginning with iOS 11.4.1. Waiting and hoping they fix it before public release.

Reactions: urbanleopard

amaze1499

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2014
This beta installed with less than 40% battery left without being connected to power. Bug or feature? Did they lift the restriction of 50%+ ?

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hopefully 11.4.1 we have a fix for incredibly poor battery life on my iPhone 6 after switching to 11.4.

iPhone 6s, batter has been fine with 11.4 so I expect nothing less with 11.4.1

Might want to get your battery checked by Apple

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: roncron

joshuamj

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2014

Mine is there! On the watch face, force touch, swipe through all the faces until you see the "New +" at the end - tap that, then scroll through the options and it should be there.

yoavon1

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2018
Mine is there! On the watch face, force touch, swipe through all the faces until you see the "New +" at the end - tap that, then scroll through the options and it should be there.

Thanks @joshuamj

YES - On the watch itself, I have it.

HOWEVER

It does not appear on the iPhone iOS App, and cannot be placed as a favorite and to save it's complications.

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA

Just add it straight from the watch face.

Addendum: just saw this was done already. But yeah I believe they didn’t muddy the watch store on the beta on accident and by the time they get through a couple more builds to fix it the month is over anyway.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iOS 12 Public Beta 1 is the one we are looking for. This beta probably doesn't excite those of us who actually beta test.
Pehaps not some, if not even many, but not necessarily everyone by far.

smkapcoe

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2018
So far 11.4.1B2 running good. Though instead of just a "pride flag," How about taking any flag that is an emoji and allowing us to use it as a background for the watch? For Vets like myself, I would love to put Old Glory on my watch...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Most of us can agree iOS 12 Public Beta 1 is the one we're looking for
Not sure about "we"/"us", but there are definitely people who are mostly interested in iOS 12 at this point. That said, it's fairly moot in the context of this thread.

Reactions: roncron

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's a forum for a reason. This beta just doesn't have anything exciting unfortunately.
Not for some perhaps, more in the light that they see something else more exciting, but perhaps not so for some others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.