Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming watchOS 3.1.1 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after seeding the first watchOS 3.1.1 beta and two weeks after releasing watchOS 3.1, the first update to the watchOS 3 operating system.

watchOS 3.1.1 can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software Update. To install the update, the Apple Watch must have 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the iPhone. watchOS 3.1 requires an iPhone running iOS 10 to install.

watch-3.1.1-Beta--800x500.jpg

As a minor 3.1.x update, watchOS 3.1.1 appears to focus on under-the-hood bug fixes and performance improvements, with no outward-facing changes discovered in the first watchOS 3.1.1 beta. We'll update this post should any new features be discovered in the second watchOS 3.1.1 beta.

watchOS 3 completely overhauls the interface on the Apple Watch, introducing a dedicated app dock, instant launch apps, new watch faces, and new complication options. There are new Activity sharing features, a "Breathe" app guides users through deep breathing sessions to cut down on stress, and an SOS feature can automatically call emergency service.

For more details on what's new in watchOS 3, make sure to check out our watchOS 3 roundup.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of watchOS 3.1.1 to Developers

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Please, PLEASE fix the damn Group SMS/Imessage notification bug! If I select DND on my iPhone, I should not be getting notifications on my watch!

Reactions: Westside guy

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Please, PLEASE fix the damn Group SMS/Imessage notification bug! If I select DND on my iPhone, I should not be getting notifications on my watch!

This does not happen for me. If I select DND of a group message on my phone, I do not get the notifications on my watch. I do this all the time. I'm constantly brought into group chats.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Now that 3.1 has blown me away with its battery life improvements I'm scared to update it and ruin a good thing!

The other night I was up for about 16 hours and I'd only used 25%

Reactions: Wondercow

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
This does not happen for me. If I select DND of a group message on my phone, I do not get the notifications on my watch. I do this all the time. I'm constantly brought into group chats.

So your saying if your in a group message of 10 people, say 5 use iPhones with iMessage, other 5 on android/sms, and u DND it, no notifications appear on watch? If so that has never been the case for me....

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
So your saying if your in a group message of 10 people, say 5 use iPhones with iMessage, other 5 on android/sms, and u DND it, no notifications appear on watch? If so that has never been the case for me....

I have never had that many people, but I have had 3 with iPhones and 1 with Android, plus myself. So a group of 5 people. I put that group on DND via my phone and I will no longer receive any messages from that group on my watch. Been this way for me since watchOS 1.

Debauch

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2013
Same for me. If I put a group thread on DND I not longer get notifications on the watch.

Mart225

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2016
Burgas, Bulgaria
Just updated with the hope that the buggy Hearth Rate app will be fixed on the original apple watch...but no Apple refuses to fix it, at least for now... When I get in the app for first time it always reads 73 BPM and when I quit and then go back it can't measure the BPM just says measuring...measuring and nothing. Is it just me or every single watch is unable to measure pulse trough the stock Hearth rate app?

jdmagoo1

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
Just updated with the hope that the buggy Hearth Rate app will be fixed on the original apple watch...but no Apple refuses to fix it, at least for now... When I get in the app for first time it always reads 73 BPM and when I quit and then go back it can't measure the BPM just says measuring...measuring and nothing. Is it just me or every single watch is unable to measure pulse trough the stock Hearth rate app?
Just you, I would do a restore

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Now that 3.1 has blown me away with its battery life improvements I'm scared to update it and ruin a good thing!

The other night I was up for about 16 hours and I'd only used 25%

That is impressive. And 16 hours in. Huge improvement. I wonder what they changed internally to improve the battery.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
That is impressive. And 16 hours in. Huge improvement. I wonder what they changed internally to improve the battery.

I don't know but I'm rolling with it. Here I am again, 4.5 hours into the day, did a quick 15 minute bike ride to work, and I'm down 5%. Before 3.1 I'd be down 30-40. I'm almost tempted to try to run it two days to see where I get!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.