MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming watchOS 3.2.3 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeding the first watchOS 3.2.3 beta and a little over two weeks after releasing watchOS 3.2.2, a minor bug fix update.

Registered developers can download the watchOS 3.2.3 update through the Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software Update. For the beta to be installed, the Apple Watch needs to have 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it has to be in range of the iPhone.

apple-watch-series-2-2-800x395.jpg

Apple only provides watchOS betas to developers because there's no way to downgrade software on an Apple Watch. Non-developers will need to wait for the public release to get the update.

No notable features or bug fixes were discovered in the first beta of watchOS 3.2.3, suggesting the update focuses primarily on under-the-hood improvements.

watchOS 3.2.3 is likely to be one of the last updates to the watchOS 3 operating system, as Apple is expected to introduce a new version of watchOS at its Worldwide Developers Conference in June.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of watchOS 3.2.3 to Developers

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011
Then opt out of Beta program! I don't get people sometimeas...signed up for beta and then moan about getting updates!

Perhaps I should have been clearer. My issue is not with improvements or beta releases.

My objection is to MacRumors once again pointlessly bulking out their article with the meaningless phrase "under-the-hood improvements", when what they mean is "improvements".

After I last offered this observation, the phrase was thankfully notable by its absence from some subsequent articles.

It is now back again. Hence "ugh".

Last edited:
Comment

Phogro

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2015
Boston, MA
Perhaps I should have been clearer. My issue is not with improvements or beta releases.

My objection is to MacRumors once again pointlessly bulking out their article with the meaningless phrase "under-the-hood improvements", when what they mean is "improvements".

After I last offered this observation, the phrase was thankfully notable by its absence from some subsequent articles.

#wordcountmatters :)

Comment

Thai

Suspended
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado

But who cares?! Would you prefer them not making any announcements? When such articles come up (and, like you, especially if i know what it will say), then i just scan quickly the article and go to download the update. I also read the comments just in case it is a bad update.

Comment

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I'm pretty happy with the state of WatchOS - at least as far as my Apple Watch goes.

Whenever I read these stories about new betas for the OS, I must admit my first thought is always "okay, just don't screw up the battery life". :D
Ditto, 3.1.1 did something tremendous with the battery but 3.2.2 just went off! I can't believe how great it is.

Comment

Suspended
Jul 18, 2009
Multiple playlists synced to the watch?! The original iPod supported more than 1 about a decade ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: hauntvictim
Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
But who cares?! Would you prefer them not making any announcements? When such articles come up (and, like you, especially if i know what it will say), then i just scan quickly the article and go to download the update. I also read the comments just in case it is a bad update.

I have to agree with you. Articles and announcements inform me of what I want to know. And if the update is successful for some, I typically like to know what Others are reporting and what changes were made perhaps Apple didn't specify.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.