Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming watchOS 4.2.2 update to developers, one week after seeding the first beta and two weeks after releasing watchOS 4.2, an update that introduced support for Apple Pay Cash.

Once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Apple Developer Center, the new watchOS beta can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software update.

watchos422beta-800x500.jpg

To install the update, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it has to be in range of the iPhone.

We don't yet know what features or improvements might be included in the watchOS 4.2.2 update, as no outward-facing changes were discovered in the first beta.

It's possible this update focuses mainly on bug fixes, and if that's the case, we won't know the extent of the changes until it sees a public release complete with release notes.

Should new features be discovered in the second watchOS 4.2.2 beta, we'll update this post.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of watchOS 4.2.2 to Developers

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
I guess this is just more streamlining and fixing. Hopefully the next .x iteration will have more of the included apps working independently of the phone. My S3 LTE is still far too iPhone dependant.

edflo63085

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2017
Apple needs to do something with the Apple Watch series 3 with the lte I’m a truck driver and my Apple Watch is always some what connected to the phone which sucks cause I love streaming music but it barely works cause it’s always connected they should do a 5ft ratio on the watch cause there’s no point of having lte

Ad13

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Manchester, UK
Apple needs to do something with the Apple Watch series 3 with the lte I’m a truck driver and my Apple Watch is always some what connected to the phone which sucks cause I love streaming music but it barely works cause it’s always connected they should do a 5ft ratio on the watch cause there’s no point of having lte

What about the model without LTE? Also what about battery? iPhone should always connect where possible. LTE is a back up connection, not a first choice.

Reactions: Shirasaki

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
And why can't they let streaming audio go to the watch speaker?

I have AirPods. I just would like to listen on the watch speaker instead sometimes.

Ad13

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Manchester, UK
And why can't they let streaming audio go to the watch speaker?

I have AirPods. I just would like to listen on the watch speaker instead sometimes.
Listen to music on the watch speaker? Are you serious? I certainly don’t want to do this. It’s a tiny speak that has terrible acoustics with zero base. No... just no!

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Anyone know if this fixes the silent mode not working on Watch Series 3 with 4.1? HomeKit commands are acknowledged loudly on my Watch S3 even with silent mode enabled.

edflo63085

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2017
What about the model without LTE? Also what about battery? iPhone should always connect where possible. LTE is a back up connection, not a first choice.
Look I’m always in the trailer n I don’t want to have my phone with me that’s why I bought the Apple Watch lte version but that’s feels more of a mistake cause it never working

midkay

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
Look I’m always in the trailer n I don’t want to have my phone with me that’s why I bought the Apple Watch lte version but that’s feels more of a mistake cause it never working
I don't totally understand what you're going on about, but maybe turning off Bluetooth on your phone would help? Then it won't be connected to the watch.. if that's what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.