Apple Seeds Second Beta of watchOS 5.3 to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming watchOS 5.3 update to developers, two weeks after releasing the first watchOS 5.3 beta and a little over two weeks after the launch of watchOS 5.2.1, an update that expanded ECG availability and introduced new pride watch faces.

Once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Apple Developer Center, the new watchOS beta can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software update.

To install the update, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it has to be in range of the iPhone.

There were no new features discovered in the watchOS 5.3 update, suggesting that it focuses on bug fixes and under-the-hood performance improvements.

There could also be hidden changes that will be available after the update is released, such as support for the upcoming Apple Card, set to debut this summer. If new features are discovered in the second watchOS 5.3 beta, we'll update this post with details.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of watchOS 5.3 to Developers

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
It's a bit early, but anyone knows whether this beta enables ECG for Canadian Apple Watches?

I have not need for it (yet), but would like to feed my hypochondria a bit...

Last edited:

Morgenland

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2009
Europe
Is 5.3 finally ready for direct connection to Dexcom sensors? That’s of interest for millions of people with diabetes...

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
It's a bit early, but anyone knows whether this enables ECG for Canadian Apple Watches?

I have not need for it (yet), but would like to feed my hypochondria a bit...
Apple betas have not yet included new ECG approved countries, although the released versions did.

hortod1

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
Wish they’d come out with an analog 24 hour clock face with a third hand for UTC time. Very useful for those of us that cross time zones a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.