Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming watchOS 7.3 beta to developers for testing purposes, with the beta available a month after the release of the first beta and over a month after the launch of watchOS 7.2 with support for Fitness+, cardio fitness notifications, ECG updates, and more.

watchOS-7.3-Dev-Beta-Feature2.jpg

To install the ‌watchOS 7.3 beta, developers need to download the proper configuration profile from the Apple Developer Center. Once the profile is in place, the ‌‌‌watchOS 7‌‌‌.3 beta can be downloaded through the dedicated ‌Apple Watch‌ app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update.

To update to the new software, the ‌Apple Watch‌ needs to have 50 percent battery life, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the ‌‌‌‌‌iPhone‌‌‌‌‌.

There's a new Apple Watch setting labeled "Time to Walk," which suggests that Apple could be planning to add guided walking workouts in the watchOS 7.3 beta. The feature is not functional at this time, but it could be introduced in a later beta. "Time to Walk Workouts are downloaded when Apple Watch is connected to power and near your iPhone. Completed workouts are deleted automatically," reads the setting.

There's no word yet on what else might be new in watchOS 7.3, but it likely includes bug fixes for issues that weren't able to be addressed in the watchOS 7.2 update.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of watchOS 7.3 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Last edited:

amenefee

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
Marietta, GA
I just want a battery life indication on the bedtime screen. I’m so tired of having to roll the crown to wake up my watch at bedtime just to see if I have enough power to make it through the night.

chinito77

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2015
Japan
How about an update in which I don't have to wipe my watch each time I want to update it due to "lack of space"? I barely have anything on this, other than the default stuff. How am I always out of space?

Reactions: stx66

rodpascoe

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2006
Truro, Cornwall
How about an update in which I don't have to wipe my watch each time I want to update it due to "lack of space"? I barely have anything on this, other than the default stuff. How am I always out of space?
Email? That can quickly fill up your watch if you have years of emails with attachments etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.