MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of watchOS 7 to developers, the newest version of the watchOS software designed to run on the Apple Watch. The second beta comes two weeks after Apple released the first beta following WWDC.

watchOS-Beta.jpg

To install the beta, you will need to download the proper configuration profile from the Apple Developer Center. Once the profile is in place, the ‌watchOS 7‌ beta can be downloaded through the dedicated ‌Apple Watch‌ app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update.

To update to the new software, the ‌Apple Watch‌ needs to have 50 percent battery life, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the ‌iPhone‌. It would be wise to install the beta on a secondary device rather than a primary device as this is an early version of the watchOS software that could have bugs that still need to be addressed.

watchOS 7 brings a new watch face sharing feature that lets you share your watch faces with others through Messages or Mail, the App Store, through websites, or through social Media.

There are new Chronograph Pro watch faces, as well as a filters option for the Photos face and rich complications for the X-Large face. Developers can now offer more than one complication per app, and Apple has introduced new complications for Shortcuts, Moon phases, the World Clock, and more.

‌watchOS 7‌ introduces a new Sleep Tracking feature for the first time that uses the ‌Apple Watch‌'s accelerometer to detect small movements associated with breathing when asleep. The feature provides information on sleep duration and offers a Wind Down feature for helping users get ready for bed to increase sleep times.

Apple-watch-watchos7_sleep-health-app_06222020.jpg

Putting the Apple Watch in Sleep Mode turns on Do Not Disturb and automatically darkens the watch screen while you're sleeping, while an alarm feature uses haptic feedback or gentle sounds to wake you up with a greeting and a weather report.

In addition to Sleep Tracking, Apple also added a new handwashing tracking feature to help people wash their hands for at least 20 seconds. There's a 20-second countdown timer that comes up whenever the ‌Apple Watch‌ detects handwashing motions and sounds. The Health app will also show the frequency and duration of the user's handwashing.

Additional details on everything new in watchOS 7 can be found in our watchOS 7 roundup. ‌watchOS 7‌ is only available to developers at the current time, but Apple plans to offer a watchOS 7 public beta this month.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of watchOS 7 to Developers

mandatorz

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2020
UK
Beta 1 was stable, but I find the battery life on my Series 5 Cellular to be quite poor. However I had a period on WatchOS 6.2 that gave me less than half a day battery for some reason...

So unable to test the Bedtime feature, as my watch is at 10% from 6:30am to 10pm, it doesn't charge enough in the 1 hour before I set off to work to last all day..

Comment

boswald

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
This doesn't seem as exciting as the other betas, but I'm still eager to try to sleep tracking feature since I have a sleep disorder and it will really help my doctor.

Comment

eperitus

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2020
Has anyone found any more clues about the "Apple Watch blood oxygen detection feature found in iOS 14 code snippet" that was posted by 9to5Mac back in March?

Comment

maxchile

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2018
Santiago, Chile.
Hello all!, Any one tried the sleep mode?, when i put the AP ni sleep mode the screen didn’t turnoff ( block) and didint giveme the morning report , anyone the same issue? iam ussing beta 2

Comment

FishyFish

macrumors demi-god
Sep 18, 2015
West Coast
Says this about EVERY update! Check out past posts. Call ‘em like I see ‘em.

Apple has really been on a roll lately with watchOS. This is the best yet. Checked all of my complications and they are working great!

Can’t wait for watchOS 7 GM, it’s going to be a really awesome release.

• Haha
Reactions: Braderunner
Comment

TheSkywalker77

Contributor
Sep 9, 2017
It will be interesting to see. I haven’t heard yet of any way to rollback
Maybe there’s a hidden way to that they haven’t activated yet? Or maybe they’re now allowing all Apple Stores to roll back the firmware, to make it more convenient for people. From my understanding you have to send it out for a few days to get it rolled back, right now at least.

Comment

iMacDragon

macrumors 68000
Oct 18, 2008
UK
Noticed that wOS 7 seems to have taken another whole gb of storage, updating firmware is getting tight/tough on s3 non cellular. only 4.1gb out of 8 available to user space nowadays.

Especially because about 1.1gb of usage is unaccounted for on the usage page. No music, only few hundred megs of apps installed, and 2.8gb free now.

Last edited:
Comment

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Hello all!, Any one tried the sleep mode?, when i put the AP ni sleep mode the screen didn’t turnoff ( block) and didint giveme the morning report , anyone the same issue? iam ussing beta 2
I use it every day, works fine. S3 LTE

Comment

maxchile

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2018
Santiago, Chile.
yes actually the icon bed appears , but the watch screen did it block and the watch shows the current face not the simply watch

Attachments

• D95A3A77-3E9D-49AF-BE52-41FA4B87DDF4.png
    D95A3A77-3E9D-49AF-BE52-41FA4B87DDF4.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 61CB3896-19D8-4E62-8595-86747665A26B.png
    61CB3896-19D8-4E62-8595-86747665A26B.png
    31 KB · Views: 63
  • 7F743E89-AA48-4327-A32A-3ECFFD44BE6D.png
    7F743E89-AA48-4327-A32A-3ECFFD44BE6D.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 952A05F5-1DC9-4DAB-8E93-2BEC16D48073.png
    952A05F5-1DC9-4DAB-8E93-2BEC16D48073.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 27
Comment

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
When the public beta releases, i may give WatchOS 7 a go, seeing how they will provide a way to roll back, that wont involve everyone having to go to the Apple Store, especially with so many being closed.
[automerge]1594246304[/automerge]
Has anyone found any more clues about the "Apple Watch blood oxygen detection feature found in iOS 14 code snippet" that was posted by 9to5Mac back in March?
I haven’t seen anymore talk about it on the internet. I don’t think we will until watch release date gets closer.
[automerge]1594246426[/automerge]
sorry, what it’s app name for that ?
Apple’s app for reporting bugs is called Feedback. You can also submit bugs online.

Reactions: maxchile
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.