Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming watchOS 8.3 beta to developers for testing purposes, with the new software coming a week after the launch of the first beta and two weeks after the release of watchOS 8.1.

watchOS-8-on-Apple-Watch-feature.jpg

To install ‌‌‌watchOS 8‌‌‌.3, developers will need to download the configuration profile from the Apple Developer Center. Once installed, ‌‌‌watchOS 8.3‌‌‌ can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software update.

To update to new software, an Apple Watch needs to have 50 percent battery life, it must be placed on the charger, and it needs to be in range of the ‌‌‌iPhone‌‌‌.

No new features were found in the first beta of watchOS 8.3, so we don't yet know what's included in the update. It's also not clear why Apple has numbered this update 8.3 instead of 8.2. Should new features be discovered in the second beta, we'll update this article.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of watchOS 8.3 to Developers

madcran

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
I had to approve the update on the Watch itself, not just unlock the Watch with my passcode. It was strange and the first time I had to do this. Kind of annoying, TBH, as I had the Watch on its charger and had to remove it and put it on my wrist before I saw the approval message.

KenV54

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2015
Illinois
There is no longer a Find My complication app in 8.3.

You can only get to Find My using Find Devices or via a Contact complication and then bring up the Find My app through that. I wonder why they did that? Bug? Feature?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.